Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Sponsored Links

3K3y Users: Stay Away from OFW 4.55, 3K3y IsoTools v1.34.9 Out!

Sponsored Links
    3K3y Users: Stay Away from OFW 4.55, 3K3y IsoTools v1.34.9 Out!

To quote from modrobert: After reading the news about Cobra ODE failing for some PS3 models I sacrificed a 3k3y 3KR (3KS-R) install on a PS3 Super Slim (4k), updated to OFW 4.55, and it failed to load GTA5 after that (just hangs in XMB)!

So, for now, don't update to OFW 4.55. Only 'pass-thru' mode works so far in my tests on OFW 4.55, will try some more games.

Users with older fat PS3 consoles have reported success with 3k3y on OFW 4.55, so this seem to affect newer consoles, as Team Cobra suggested.

IsoTools 1.34.9 by UglyClicker

As requested by a vast amount of users, here is the update notification for the new version of IsoTools.

The new version will automatically install when you open IsoTools. As of now, only version 9 IRD files can be uploaded, you can also download the package manually:

Download: IsoTools-1.34.9.rar / IsoTools-Binaries-1.34.9.zip

• Fixed exception when ejecting a disc

2014-02-12: Do NOT update to firmware 4.55

As many of you already know, Sony released update 4.55, which apparently blocks the 3k3y, Cobra and E3. We are looking for a solution. In the mean time, do NOT update, and monitor the forums for progress.

2014-05-06: 3K3y: Firmware 4.55 update

We have been looking into a solution that doesnt require a boot disk, but unfortunately we have not had any success yet. We will now make an update (with swap) for 4.55 users.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

3K3y v2.08 Beta for PS3 Super Slim Announced

Sponsored Links
    thanks again

Also the 3K3y v2.08 Beta for PS3 Super Slim is announced:

After a few busy days of developing (and hacking) I'm proud to announce 3K3y v2.08 Beta.

3K3y v2.08 Beta PS3 Super Slim (4k) changelog:
    • OFW 4.55 swap disc support with game updates working
    • No wire/soldering required for cover switch handling
    • SWAPTRICK=Y setting added to 3key.cfg
    • SWAPTIMEOUT=xx (between 5 - 25 seconds) setting added to 3key.cfg
    • Optional LANGUAGE=P0T setting added to 3key.cfg, giving P0T-NOoDLE font on the remote display in English (Thanks Sir Garbagetruck aka Lastebil for the heads up)

This list might change before public beta and final release.

UglyClicker is working on the swap disc support in 3k3y IsoTools, so that should be ready in time for public release.

Unfortunately my attempts to solve the 'game update' and 'quit game' freeze problems for 3Dump.bin users (who have drive key) failed, so I doubt any fix for that will make it into this release.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

3k3y_fw_v2_08_beta.jpg  

Sponsored Links

3K3y Firmware v2.10 and v2.11 Public Beta Released

Sponsored Links
    Below is the 3K3y Firmware v2.10 and v2.11 Public Beta with details from ModRobert as follows:

Download: 3k3y_v2_10_public_beta.zip / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / 3k3y_v2_11_public_beta.zip

Notes for 3K3y Firmware v2.10 Public Beta:

For now, while waiting for 3k3y isotools swap disk support, you can use the Cobra ODE Bypass 4.55 tools to create swap ISO file.

Burn with ImgBurn, use quality BD-R, Ritek worked fine for me. I've read some claim BD-RE will work, but not in my tests, I tried with Verbatim BD-RE (rewritable) and it failed. Also, make sure you use an original game disk which is single layer (25GB), check the Cobra Anti-ODE security bypass manual for more info.

Setting SWAPTIMEOUT over 30 seconds made the PS3 XMB freeze, that is the reason I limit it to 25 seconds. If you get freeze problem in XMB, try lowering the value, or remove the SWAPTIMEOUT setting in 3key.cfg, then it will default to 15 seconds.

The remote display will show "Load SWP disk" or "Load PS3 disk" when the time comes, you need to quickly open the cover/lid and swap to the requested disc and close the cover before SWAPTIMEOUT reaches zero, if too slow the PS3 XMB will detect the open cover switch and give error, in this case try to start over, if that also fails, power off the PS3 and restart.

If you don't own a 3k3y remote you need to pay attention when the motor stops, but this can be tricky, hopefully someone with a remote can post a video on YouTube so you get an idea how the swap is done. During game updates the BD drive can stop without actually requiring the swap disk, if so just leave the PS3 disk in there when updates are installing on the XMB screen.

When installing a PS3 game update there will be several swaps between SWP (swap) disc and PS3 (original) disc, also, after a game has an update installed on the PS3 hard drive, there will be one extra swap to insert original disc during normal gameplay.

If you manage to screw up the swapping, or if it fails by itself, turn off the PS3 super slim using power button and start over. Pay attention to drive motor sound and be careful, since it can spin with open lid theoretically due to the cover switch handling by 3k3y. If a PS3 game update was installing during a bad swap you might have to delete it in XMB, because the update file can be corrupt (signed with the wrong disk loaded).

3K3y Firmware v2.10 Public Beta Changelog:
    • Cobra 4.55 ISO tools supprt, COBRAISO=Y setting added to 3key.cfg

3K3y Firmware v2.11 Public Beta Changelog:
    • Fix for 3Dump.bin users on OFW 4.55, game updates and quit game works, FIX3DUMP=Y setting added to 3key.cfg.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

3k3y firmware v2.10.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011