Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I bought a new PS3 slim 120GB today. I'm gonna hide it in my closet, and hold onto it for a year, when its worth some money! (I bought the small HD because it's cheap and easy to get a big one).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it sounds a bit fishy to me, the only thing we can do is wait.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by dave11674 View Post
    He went on to state the following, to quote: "Additionally, it is rumoured, the new 320GB PS3's will have firmware loaded onto the HDD and encrypted in a way that you cannot do a DD copy to a new HDD, so no longer can you load a heap of games to your HDD as you will be locked to the one that was loaded retail."
    Errr, that's been the behaviour of PS3 hard discs since day 1.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    I assume if the newer models have 3.21+ Firmware on them they wouldn't be able to since OtherOS/Linux would not be an option any longer anyway.

this is just a rumor, but will happen some day.

yeh thanks sony my 250 gig slim has now increased in price, ha ha ha, suckerz! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mantagtj View Post
    yeh thanks sony my 250 gig slim has now increased in price, ha ha ha, suckerz! LOL
    Are you selling one? I'm looking for a spare PS3 to keep offline.

I should probably send that 60gb back for repairs now so I can keep it permanently offline.

Heh, this looks bad all around! says you will be locked to retail hard drive? So that will be another stripped out feature! So at this point we will have lost PS2 playback, Super Audio CD Playback (like anyone even remember or knew that), OtherOS, and these new ones (if released) will not allow you to swap out hard drives.

I can only imagine how thin the PS3 manual is now because they had pages devoted to every feature that the PS3 has including where to get the PS3 Linux distro (owners manuals make good bathroom reading material when you get bored with PlayBoy magazines!)

If they take too many features away that were initial selling points they will lose money because nobody will buy one.

It was originally marketed as more than just a console, soon enough at this rate it will be nothing but a console.

sometimes big companies make retards at a mental institution look intelligent.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News