Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hmm i thought so, i guess i will wait then.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    True Blue dongle = MONEY
    3.55-dongle CFW = DRM

They have a way to decrypt 3.60 eboots, and this dongle/CFW stuff is a decryption/DRM combo, that ensures you'll give money to them.
    The only important thing in dongle/CFW is EBOOT masterdisk decryption key. It doesn't do magic, nor introduces new functions, abilities to play games, it's just a way of ripping off

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I believe the recent news and events on 3.73 decryption, shows that this is more than kiosk consoles and debug EBOOT. We, the end users, just don't know it yet. But i would bet my salary for next month that someone out there already has those keys (up to the latest FW) and making BIG money out of it, believe it or not.

Those devs were just smart enough to get them, either by hacking directly the console or cashing in to buy them (maybe from Math, who knows). I don't believe in magic, i don't believe in kiosk/debug bull crap, if it was possible it would have been done a long time ago.

Is it possible to flash TB to PS3Break?

Heyo, I recently got a hold of a PS3Break V1.2 device, (was given to me), but since I have cfw 3.55 I don't think there is anything I can do with it that my cfw doesn't do already.

I read that the TrueBlue dongle was dumped. So does this mean that it would be possible for someone to create a hex/mhex file for devices such as PS3Break, that would essentially turn them into TrueBlue dongle clones?

ROFLMAO, absolutely no.

True Blue (JB2) PS3 JailBreak 2 v2.3 Arrives, RE Progress Updates

Following up on the version 2.2 update, today True Blue (JB2) version 2.3 has arrived alongside some reverse-engineering updates including v2.3 UnPKG'd / UnSelf'd and the Payload from the PlayStation 3 Development Wiki below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

From the ReadMe File: True Blue Dongle Update v2.3

How to update:

1. Make sure your PS3 is running the True Blue "3.55-Dongle" CFW (custom firmware)
    2. Copy TrueBlueUpdate-2.3.pkg from this archive to a USB flash drive
    3. Boot your PS3 _WITHOUT_ True Blue inserted, and then insert the USB flash drive
    4. Navigate to (Game) -> (Install Package Files), and then select TrueBlueUpdate-2.3.pkg
    5. The True Blue updater will be installed onto your PS3 HDD
    6. Navigate to (Game) and load "True Blue Update v2.3"
    7. The updater will start, and will then prompt you to insert the True Blue dongle. Insert it only at this point, and continue. Your dongle will then be updated
    8. After the update procedure has completed your PS3 will reset, and you will then be able to enjoy your updated dongle
    9. You may delete the True Blue Updater from your HDD after the update is complete

Change log:

- v2.3
    • Fixed games requiring "BD Mirror"
    • True Blue firmware version is now displayed on the XMB "System Information" screen

- v2.2
    • Initial worldwide release
    • Support for running "True Blue" titles directly from HDD via standard backup managers

From Bartholomy on the update: This is what happen with Rebug TB using BD mirror. So if this is a problem of Rebug TB i hope will be fixed. For sure i'm not moving to 3.55-dongle, all my saves are ruined with fakesaveowner.

Those interested can see THIS post for more details and updates.

From Sony PlayStation 3 hacker KaKaRoToKS on the True Blue PS3 USB dongle via Twitter:

xl14 ([Register or Login to view links]
    KaKaRoToKS In your opinion is worth buy the true blue?

KaKaRoToKS ([Register or Login to view links]):
    xl14 no. Dont

KaKaRoToKS ([Register or Login to view links] [Register or Login to view links]

As far as I understand it, the hate for TB is because what they achieved was to decrypt newer npdrm games and what they did is they patch the games to check for the TB dongle or quit. The TB dongle does *NOTHING* other than a DRM that is completely not needed.

The torrent releases that are "TB compatible" just means that they added the DRM check that prevents them from running if you didn't buy a TB dongle. That's not any kind of help to the scene and it's people getting paid by promoting piracy.

PlayStation 3 developer [Register or Login to view links] also commented on the True Blue dongle in an interview, to quote in part:

"I can say that we don't like the disease that Cobra pushes with their Cobra and Cobra True Blue DRM replacement dongles. Ironically, they replace one DRM with another- in the process, stealing from those in the scene that did the work in the first place. Cobra offered some features that were new initially, but did so on the backs of the people before them. They made money off these people, like graf and others, and maintain no known public or private link to the scene. We find it interesting that even Cobra does not come out and claim responsibility for the Cobra True Blue dongle, but simple analysis points directly to them.

The Cobra True Blue Dongle seems to only promote theft, yet could have valid uses for those who wish to buy and play newer games on their <3.56 FW Consoles. Yet they have chosen NOT to give back to the scene, by implementing their own Cobra TB Encrypted Eboots, when keys for 3.55 and below are already known and useable by all jailbroken consoles. They have therefore instead chosen to profit from a situation that we all have been placed in by Sony's initial choice to remove otherOS and prohibit true homebrew applications in the name of "preventing piracy".

Additionally, the Cobra True Blue dongle took this one step farther by selling these Cobra TB disks- a clear violation of copyright and a threat to all of us wanting homebrew on future systems."

There is also some reverse-engineering updates from eussNL today as follows via: ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=PS3JB2_Reverse_Engineering#Content _Releases

lv2_kernel.self

[Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view code]

Only 1 function change, and a section added sub_28fe30 is replaced 1) the new section is loaded at 0x80000000007f0000 (which is where those payloads are being loaded) [Register or Login to view links] (6.41 KB)

Note 1) : * the 28fe30 function is replaced with OFW code during exploit execution (which is why it is OFW, when there is no dongle).

That 28fe30 function mounts dev_flash, so they are in control before even dev_flash loads. When lv2 loads dev_flash, the exploit is triggered which, among the things it does, is replace the function with the proper one to mount dev_flash, then branchs to it and boot continues.

True Blue 2.3

True Blue Dongle Update v2.3 - [Register or Login to view links] (546.29 KB)
    • Fixed games requiring "BD Mirror"
    • True Blue firmware version is now displayed on the XMB "System Information" screen

PKG:
    SHA1: B8A48394FF09A358CAB230823C18F871256C6A34
    MD5: 67185C448FAEE1FE262556302FB86240
    CRC32: AFF450D2
    CRC16: 21C1

Unpkg/unself'ed: [Register or Login to view links] (1022.45 KB)

Payload (2.3)

Located in unself'ed eboot.bin @ offset:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (461.75 KB)

SHA1: DD8C3302F5F2394B2A0D907DE972AFB8E94DB0B5
    MD5: 7E4C3C6D7BA24375D3BE83074D882E0A
    CRC32: 7D748CE8
    CRC16: 4A3B

lv2 dump (2.3)

Payload @ file offset 0x8698 - 0x736F0

descriptors (2.3)

Here is a PS3 True Blue Installation Guide from [Register or Login to view links] for those interested:

PS3 True Blue Installation Guide

Step 1: Make sure your PS3 is in V3.55 system, either OFW (official firmware) or CFW (official firmware). Which means if your PS3 is lower than V3.55, just update it to V3.55! If your PS3 is higher than V3.55, sorry, you can not use this item. please use E3 flasher to downgrade your PS3 to V3.55 first.

Step 2: When your PS3 is in V3.55, you need to install the PS3 True Blue V3.55 CFW. Here is the method on how to install PS3 True Blue V3.55 CFW.The update method is just the same as update the official firmware via USB storage.
    • Download the [Register or Login to view links]
    • Extract the file, you will get "TrueBlue-3.55-CFW" folder, you can see "PS3UPDAT.PUP" inside.
    • Prepare a USB storage, create a folder named "PS3"in the root of your USB storage, then create another folder named "UPDATE" in the "PS3" folder, in the end put the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" in the "UPDATE" folder. So it is: USB storage----PS3----UPDATE----PS3UPDAT.PUP
    • Insert your USB storage into your PS3 USB interface and power on your PS3.
    • Move to the system update option and choose update via USB storage.
    • Choose the PS3UPDAT.PUP and start updating, go and drink a beer, wait until it finishes updating. Don't do anything during the update progress.
    • Your PS3 will be in PS3 True Blue V3.55 CFW after the installation.

Step 3: Update your PS3 True Blue to the latest version V2.3.
    • Download the [Register or Login to view links]
    • Extract the file you will get "TrueBlueUpdate-2.3.pkg"
    • Put the "TrueBlueUpdate-2.3.pkg" file in your USB storage.
    • Insert the USB storage into your PS3 and then install the pkg file in your PS3.
    • After you finish the installation, you will see the "True blue Update V2.3"
    • Click the "True blue Update V2.3" it will ask you to insert your PS3 True Blue. then insert your PS3 True Blue.
    • Go on the update procress to finish the update.

After this step, you have installed the PS3 True Blue successfully. Let's go and start playing a game. i will take "FEAR 3" as an example.

Notice: You need to replace the PS3 true blue eboot for the V3.60+ games before you play the games.

It means you need to download the both FEAR 3 game file and also F.E.A.R.3_EBOOT_PATCH_TB_ PS3-PARADOX if you dont do this step,the screen will freeze and change black. ok i have downloaded those files and also have patched it, let's go.
    • Before you power on the PS3, just insert the PS3 True Blue and the your game HDD.
    • Login Multiman and find the FEAR3
    • Press X to login the game
    • It will take you back to XMB
    • Go to "app_home/PS3_GAME/" and click it to play FEAR3
    • Done, congratulations!

Finally, below is a video of a True Blue (JB2) freezing issue that occurs on TB JB2 2.3, Rebug CFW TB and with Rebug Update 0.2 according to asdeburn via YouTube and a follow-up and a video detailing how to replace the PS3 True Blue Eboot files for PS3 3.60+ games alongside PS3 True Blue Playing FEAR 3 on v3.55 Firmware.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

dsc00059jz.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have now promoted the news to the main page and +Rep for the update landon!

thanks ps3news

3.55 kmeaw cost = ?
    Multiman cost = ?
    redsnow cost = ?
    Snowbreeze cost = ? ,,, blah blah

i think this is not dongle, just usb stick and some crap is inside, just all.. and that tb is total shame of dev and hack world.

Definitely, aside from the hacking progress on the device I can't say I'm interested in it either... IMO it's going backwards to pay for a useless dongle when PS3 CFW/MFW is already here and free to the scene.

Their 'marketing scheme' is obviously to keep pushing new game support updates disguised as 'news' out in hopes of cashing in on the device before the next free PS3 scene breakthrough surfaces.

They will end up making money from those who don't know how the scene works, but I'm sure it won't be long before Sony also comes hunting for them so they better do it quick.

Sponsored Links
Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News