Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Arrow PS3 Developers Update True Blue Dongle Onboard Firmware

Sponsored Links
    Below is another True Blue update from Gary Wayne Bowser (aka GaryOPA), although I really don't see much point in pushing such an expensive and dated dongle (requiring users to waste money on a Blu-ray drive and BD-R discs and time burning them) when PS3 scene devs on the Wiki and groups like Duplex, PT and iND are keeping things flowing nicely for free.

Anyway, for those interested here is what he states: NEWS UPDATE: November 1st, 2011 -- Developers have updated the firmware onboard the 'True Blue' dongle.

After much research and hard long days at coding, the solid support team behind the 'True Blue' dongle have now been able to encode all the BD-R booting information which was previously needed on 'special' discs to be patched directly into the PS3 firmware, so now with this firmware updated the dongle fully supports booting of all v3.6+ 'backups' which have been burned to normal 'off-the-shelf BD-R discs which recently become affordable and available worldwide.

Here is list of v3.6+ games that our trusted crunching friend has tested and confirmed fully working and playable:
    • Alice: Madness Returns
    • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    • Battlefield 3
    • Bleach: Soul Resurreccion
    • Bodycount
    • Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    • Call of Juarez: The Cartel
    • Captain America: Super Soldier
    • Catherine
    • Child of Eden
    • Dark Souls
    • Dead Island
    • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    • Dirt 3
    • Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
    • Dungeon Siege III
    • Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    • F.E.A.R. 3
    • F1 2011
    • GoldenEye 007: Reloaded
    • Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
    • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
    • Just Dance 3
    • Madden NFL 2012
    • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    • NBA 2K12
    • Need for Speed: The Run
    • No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
    • Portal 2
    • Rage
    • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
    • Rayman Origins
    • Record of Agarest War Zero
    • Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
    • Saints Row: The Third Shadows of the Damned
    • Silent Hill: Downpour
    • Skylanders Spyro's Adventure
    • Sonic Generations
    • Supremacy MMA
    • Tekken Hybrid
    • The Adventures of Tintin
    • The Cursed Crusade
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • The King of Fighters XIII
    • The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    • The Sims 3: Pets
    • Thor: God of Thunder
    • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy HD
    • Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
    • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
    • White Knight Chronicles II
    • WWE '12

Another Update: NEWS UPDATE: November 1st, 2011 -- Developers have updated the firmware on-board the 'True Blue' dongle. <- Updated yes again 12 hours later!

After much research and many hard long days at coding, the solid support team behind the 'True Blue' dongle have now been able to encode all the needed booting information which was previously needed on 'special' BD-R discs, to be included in the dongle's firmware memory, so now v3.6+ games will run correctly when also stored on your PS3 HDD.

Now with this latest firmware update the dongle fully supports booting of all v3.6+ 'backups' to from PS3 HDD using existing 'backup managers' which the end-user will choose to install, making 'True Blue' dongle one of the most affordable ways to enjoy both your Jailbreak-able PS3 console and still play latest v3.6+ games on your v3.55 PS3 console.

As some of you have noticed the above game titles list posted earlier by me contains some 'games' which are not pubicaly available yet, but the coders behind 'True Blue' have already confirmed, that these games will work based on certain 'key' information, but remember nothing is 100% but as you already see the developers are listening on the forums and supporting the needs of the end-us that is why I stated earlier there is 'solid support team' behind this product even tho it is 'commercial' it is build for the 'scene' and priced to be affordable and to be updated so fast so early since the first JB2 news broke, it shows that it indeed has strength!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that's a pretty good list of games.. thanks for the update boss.. i agree myself i'd rather wait for a duplex release or something than feed profiteers.. LOL

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    After much research and hard long days at coding, the solid support team behind the 'True Blue' dongle have now been able to encode all the BD-R booting information which was previously needed on 'special' discs to be patched directly into the PS3 firmware, so now with this firmware updated the dongle fully supports booting of all v3.6+ 'backups' which have been burned to normal 'off-the-shelf BD-R discs which recently become affordable and available worldwide.
    Hard coding my lower back - they've simply found out that their plan with their own "DRM" and skimming people by selling "special" BDs is down the drain so they've dropped the act ...

Heh indeed, although I wouldn't say they have dropped the entire act... apparently their next step is to incorporate (you guessed it hehe) PS3 HDD support in the True Blue, which is heading in the right direction but the 'feature' is free in the scene already without having to spend $99 on another dongle.

Update: He has now reworded it to include PS3 HDD support as expected, see the bottom of this post: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post394110

I agree with what Durandal and Snowy from Gitbrew said recently on it though:

Durandal: I'm always very wary of dongles. Usually they're just a ploy to make a buck, and these days it doesn't take long for someone to reverse what the software they're trying to hide does. Expect to see the same happen here. If we want to deter others from trying to peddle their software in a dongle form, we should make a point of reversing a dongle's functionality and implementing it in a package. I'm sure that group paid a lot of money to get all those dongles made, and they'd hate to see that money go to waste.

Snowy: Yet again as durandal said, dongles are dongles, regardless someone is going to take a crack at them and release a free version of it. Cobra hasn't even been touched by most of the developers, and those who have touched it don't really care for piracy. I would like to thank dean for taking the first step in making psx backups working though, a small step but none the less towards the proper direction for the scene.
    Even PS3 developer defyboy stated the following on the PS3 True Blue USB device recently: "Appears to be pretty simple. Apparently the dongle itself is just DRM so I would expect this to be completely cloned in software. Don't bother wasting your money on these."

These guys must hate Duplex for ruining their business , even though the list of working games on the dongle far exceeds what Duplex have fixed it's just a matter of time when we will get much more games working without the dongle.

You would have to agree with what they say, but its crazy that cobra has not been implemented into free scene yet though.

That is generally what happens though when you try to make a 'business' out of the scene, it inevitably fails as most end-users can see right through all the promotional ads disguised as news, etc.

And ya, most likely either Duplex and other PS3 scene groups will continue doing their thing or the True Blue dongle will get fully reversed once some of the more talented developers get their hands on one... that would make a nice Christmas gift, eh?

PS: I read earlier today on IRC that developer BrandonW (of TI-84/Plus PS3 JailBreak and Payload fame) confirmed he has the 3.72 keys, and stated that although he can't share them (he doesn't want to become the next GeoHot I'm sure) he is willing to teach some others how to acquire them on their own.

It starting to seem like the keys and the methods to obtain them are spreading. It was easy to get pessimistic with the inactivity that went on for a bit, but I guess it was true that the system is open fully but it just takes time to develop.

i would release the keys if i knew how to obtain them.. i have nothing to lose.. take $2 a week from my pension sony.. LOL

LOL... I'm sure if nobody does though the keys will still fall into the hands of scene release groups and anonymous devs so it's definitely good news either way.

Sponsored Links

Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News