Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyj View Post
    This should have its own thread, this is huge news makes this true blue true crap as obsolete very soon. Good.
    Also agree

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyj View Post
    Details and Payloads for Dumping PS3 Per Console Keys Surface

This should have its own thread, this is huge news makes this true blue true crap as obsolete very soon. Good.
    Heh indeed... it was originally posted here and I left it in hopes that it would offer a wake-up call to those reading the True Blue 'marketing propaganda' post in this thread and considering forking out money for the device when in a matter of time just like PSGroove and PSGrade it will be free.

Below is some more details on the PS3 Bootloader and lv0 from PsDev for those interested: psx-scene.com/forums/content/understanding-1617/

To quote: Well the bootldr is alot like a nucleus. the nucleus holds our Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) in that DNA is all our genetic info. Inside the bootldr is the lv0 now lets think of that as the DNA cause inside the lv0 are all the loaders for the ps3all of the loaders (appldr, isoldr, lv1ldr, lv2ldr,rvkldr) lets think of these as the genetic info.

The loaders were not always stored in the lv0 it used to be stored in the metldr but with new updates and ''CFW" they have changed it and stored it in the lv0 this was a really good security move because we know how to get them out of the metldr but to get them now we would have to decrypt the lv0 which has not been done (well released to public).

Also we don't know how the loaders work in the lv0 cause the bootldr boots the lv0 and when the metldr hold the the loaders and ran them. But with them being in the lv0 does the bootldr boot them too or does it tell the metldr it ready to boot them and it work like that.

Here a picture i made of how the ps3 holds it now:

Here how it look before:

The bootldr is Per Console Encrypted and is not update-able that a win for us have we decrypted the lv0 no a lose

Some really important fact about the lv0:

1. lv0 isn’t a loader it’s a ppu binary

2. Lv0 isn’t encrypted per console and can be updated with the rest of the coreos

3. Lv0 is decrypted by the bootloader, there is no such thing as a lv0ldr.

4. The bootloader keys cannot be updated/modified on EXISTING hardware

5. lv0.2 is NOT a binary, it’s a new metadata for lv0 which is to be decrypted and verified by a new bootloader (which is to be available on future ps3s), it is NOT used by the current bootloader (and thus in current playstation 3 consoles)

But wait, messing with this thing could lead to the YLOD tragedy, unless you have those expensive NOR flasher you might want to proceed, and that’s according to rms again.

Lv0 also does some more interesting stuff such as SPU mailbox handling, and eEID integrity checks. Lv0 also used to check for QA flag and proper token, that is now in a spu isolated self in Core OS. Now, if you did tamper with eEID, lv0 will panic out, and your console will then “YLOD”, and you’d need a flasher for your PS3 to recover.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

psdev2.jpg   Untitled.png  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm still confused as to why we need their blu-rays in order to play these games ?

Simple - so they can make more money ...

Not sure, but my guess is it may be due to them being able to press vs burn special required sectors to the discs, but based on what Gary Wayne Bowser (aka GaryOPA) said in the main article it doesn't sound like they plan to share specifics unfortunately.

"Whilst we can disclose that the discs are specially manufactured to allow booting of the latest ISO’s, further technical information on the way by which the BD-R discs can allow booting cannot be provided, for obvious reasons.

...for many reasons we can't give further technical information but there is KEY reason why you have to buy special BLANK BD-R discs, due to some background research on the Blu-ray specs and maybe you understand why"

To me, burning games on disc is dated anyway... running them from a HDD seems to be preferred these days, and I'm sure PS3 scene devs will make that happen at some point.

The "method" currently circulating by "sphinxkoma" was originally posted by me on another forum... and to be honest I put zero thought behind it and in theory it could work but I was at work and it was never tested.

So please... use with caution or someone with more technical knowledge let us know if it can even work that way.

How much is this TB??

Quote Originally Posted by x0ayham0x View Post
    How much is this TB??
    $45 and you can quote me on that

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    To me, burning games on disc is dated anyway... running them from a HDD seems to be preferred these days, and I'm sure PS3 scene devs will make that happen at some point.
    That's one of the biggest reasons to use backups... being on an HDD means not having to change the discs and more importantly faster load times. Some load times are unbearable, like those in Demon's Souls, such games need any boost they can get. Not having to use an original disc at all is the last reason on the list for me, I'm quite careful with my originals.

Well I worded that strangely, telling you what you already know in order to say why I use backups.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 10-26-2011 at 08:56 PM

Any more news for this?!?

Sponsored Links
Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News