Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i have a question .... as far as we know there are two keys (one for encrypt hdd and flash and private information for each console and another one for decrypting games and other package which is same key for all of the consoles)

i want to know if we could find the second key , could we encrypt files with that key for retail ?... or this key is a one way key ?.

thanks in advance .

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by takavach View Post
    i have a question .... as far as we know there are two keys (one for encrypt hdd and flash and private information for each console and another one for decrypting games and other package which is same key for all of the consoles)

i want to know if we could find the second key , could we encrypt files with that key for retail ?... or this key is a one way key ?.

thanks in advance .
    At least for games pair of keys is probably used. One (private) is used to encrypt/sign the binaries. Public key is present in console to decrypt/check the binary and run it afterwards. Unless you posses private one you cannot sign binaries so they would run...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
    At least for games pair of keys is probably used. One (private) is used to encrypt/sign the binaries. Public key is present in console to decrypt/check the binary and run it afterwards. Unless you posses private one you cannot sign binaries so they would run...
    thanks for your answer

it may sound a little bit crazy but i want to know if there is a chance to make a private key from the public key ?.

thanks in advance ...

thanks for your answer

it may sound a little bit crazy but i want to know if there is a chance to make a private key from the public key ?.

thanks in advance ...
    Not likely, i would say impossible, but i would let someone with more knowledge than i do, clarify the issue...

As I understand, recent firmware updates install themself on the hard drive while only 16 MB of flash memory is in use. Is it possible to extract and modify firmware once the HDD is decrypted?

Here is an update from knightsolidus, translated via Google, with some pics:

Well, here you get the MBR to be decrypted investigueis ... to see if he sounds a little:

[Register or Login to view links]

I think that makes 3 partitions the hdd ... offset 0x40 in the 107,000 can tell the size of the partition, the partition number 02, and then if you fijais below 02 is a 01 and a 03 .... That is where I've drawn ... but must be analyzed well ....

un saludo a tod @ s! AHH! the console is 60gb, but the hdd is 20, the xbox360! for consideration and dumper faster

Here we see that makes references to the source is in the flash .... therefore assume that there will be any way to dump the flash without the need for infectus .... or welding ... and little by little we are seeing the structure of the flash ...

We can also observe that the flash is partitioned (like a pendrive can be partitioned is a flash memory for those who do not understand)
    DEV_FLASH, DEV_FLASH2 And DEV_FLASH3

And NDT's reply:

Demon, can you please post a picture of something that isn't in flash to so we can all realize your work is true indeed? I'm asking this because all the files in dev_flash could be dumped using a debug unit.

Something from the hdd itself, like the user folder, drm folder, vsh folder, etc..
    Stuff we can not see even with a test!

And DemonHades reply to NDT:

...dont understand this model is 60pal retail. Is a ps3 format 00, later only a minimal install and format data when first playing rfom, (press start for install game data). Dont test unit is hdd and dont use ecc something.

As I commented in another post that you said there are detailed schematic potential orders to be executed (as is the formatting of the flash) I doubt that the flash is rfom info or inforboard.

As I said, without a browser showing the files with extensions will only raw text files or raw to be more clear.

And NDT again: i have dev_flash files extracted from a debug flash, i can post the same screens (even the font ones) and i can show you later as soon i get home

And ifcaro rolled his eyes at NDT for asking a perfectly legitimate question.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

rutaflash.jpg   flashparticionada.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Demon hades says:

como he comentado,en el otro post lo que le dicho esque hay se detallan posibles ordenes a ejecutar (como es el formateo de la flash)dudo que en la flash encuentre info del rfom,o la inforboard.

Como he comentado,sin un explorador que nos muestre los archivos con sus extensiones solo veremos texto raw o archivos raw para ser mas claros.
    Demon hades says:

Like I said, in another post what I told you that theres possible orders to execute (Like formating from the flash) I doubt theres information on the flash of Resistance falll of man, or the inforboard

Like I've said, without an explorer to show us the files with there extensions we will only see raw text or raw files to be more precise.

knightsolidus

For NDT this file is in the flash!??

NDT replied:

Demon, these are the files i wanted to show you:

[Register or Login to view links]

So you can compare them with the hdd contents.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

parandt.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

it may sound a little bit crazy but i want to know if there is a chance to make a private key from the public key ?
    Nope, it's designed to be [Register or Login to view links]. That is to say, there's not supposed to be any good way to find the private key from the public key, short of searching through every possible number. And that's... not going to happen. See [Register or Login to view links]. Just counting up all 256-bit numbers would take more energy than the sun will put out in its lifetime.

Now, if someone found a flaw in RSA (the most common "public key" encryption algorithm), it might be possible to figure it out... but if they could do that, cracking the PS3 encryption would be way down on the list of what they'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by sorceror View Post
    Nope, it's designed to be [Register or Login to view links]. That is to say, there's not supposed to be any good way to find the private key from the public key, short of searching through every possible number. And that's... not going to happen. See [Register or Login to view links]. Just counting up all 256-bit numbers would take more energy than the sun will put out in its lifetime.

Now, if someone found a flaw in RSA (the most common "public key" encryption algorithm), it might be possible to figure it out... but if they could do that, cracking the PS3 encryption would be way down on the list of what they'd do.
    Not for sure..

If you followed the Team Twiizers on Wii, they first found common key, and found ways to retrieve your own private keys, even all keys included in your wii, containing unique keys of hardware with some months of reversing and some programming, if we can access files (swear DemonHades will kick ass) we will find all we need after some months of work on Ps3. Not the same hardware, but same possibilities of retrieiving private keys if we found public, common key after some work !
    Last edited by UnlockIt; 02-26-2009 at 02:27 PM

CJPC or NDT, can you ask demonhades to decrypt 40gb model? I think they used ps2 compatibility to run unsigned code while XMB is running. IMO is plausible because is the only way to have hdd decrypted -> by running GameOS

Just my two cents

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News