Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry i have been gone all day but to let you all know i spoke with DemonHades the other day before this was posted here and he told me this is repeatable on more than one console and is indeed real and and being done on retail consoles.

To be honest i would rather see the method withheld until something more can be done than to just decrypt the hdd.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    i spoke with DemonHades the other day before this was posted here and he told me this is repeatable on more than one console and is indeed real and and being done on retail consoles.
    Ya, the issue is according to CJPC everything 'shown' thus far is present and accessable with a Debug console.
    To be honest i would rather see the method withheld until something more can be done than to just decrypt the hdd.
    I don't think you'll have to worry about that, it's been the word all day pretty much.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Ya, the issue is according to CJPC everything 'shown' thus far is present and accessable with a Debug console.
    this was my concern when i spoke with him also about the file posted in their news being one easily dump'd from a debug...i have seen other hex shots and he assures me it is being done on retail.

this was my concern when i spoke with him also about the file posted in their news being one easily dump'd from a debug...i have seen other hex shots and he assures me it is being done on retail.
    For the more geeky people (and the devs), could you please post the hex shots so we can see them too?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanracer34 View Post
    For the more geeky people (and the devs), could you please post the hex shots so we can see them too?
    We will have to wait for DemonHades to post more proof in the form of files that have not been previously dump'd from dev consoles etc etc

More interesting than knowing whether Demonhades is trustful or not is the question, what can be done with a fully decrypted HDD?

Could somebody clear that question?

Well, in theory, with a fully decrypted HDD, it may be possible to take a closer look at the inner workings of the PS3.

Furthermore, it would be quite easy to distribute downloaded games (PSN) to others, assuming that the DRM was also (somehow) copied over.

The DRM may be stored in the system database, which (like everything else) is on file somewhere.

The question is, is that file still encrypted?

However, we will not be able to do any unsigned code from the HDD with this - as the system will not allow unsigned code to run from the HDD.

But... could it be possible to modify somehow the migrated NAND data from the HDD in order to turn a retail console into debug?

Well, we have discussed all of that before in previous development posts.

Simply put, what stops is the "flags" in the EID, and we can not change said flags as the area that they are in are signed. So , even with a decrypted HDD (assuming the EID is stored on the HDD now, which it probably is not), the file would still be signed - useless to modify!

Still I think being able to decrypt HDD (and possibly add stuff in correct way) opens a door to many possibilities. Suddenly many people could start tinkering around looking for holes. I just hope this is not some sort of fake...

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News