Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: New PS3 Slim 3.50 CECH-251x Models Not Downgradable?

Sponsored Links
    While we know that PS3 Firmware 3.55 patches the ability to downgrade your PlayStation 3 console, this weekend Dukio reports that brand new 3.50 PS3 Consoles may also not be downgradable as well.

To quote: "Amid reports of new PS3 Slims owners who have no luck in downgrading their PS3 consoles, i would like to warn those people who like to buy a new PS3 console and Jailbreak it by looking at these suggestions below:

1. Beware of pre-installed 3.50 firmwares PS3 Slims, most people have no success in downgrading their console with any methods online on these consoles. The new batch of PS3 slims might have been given some kind of protection in order to prevent it from downgrading to an earlier version of firmware. So, please take note of it.

2. If you still want to buy a stocked 3.50 firmware console or that there are no other version of PS3s available in your area, i suggest buying on earlier CECH models, like CECH-25xx and clearly stay away with CECH-251x! You might also want to check the console with this sticker instead of this. Notice the bold part? dekoslav has confirmed that the bold one can be downgraded."

Guys, be careful before making a PS3 purchase from now-on... now watch a wave of returns to stores, and people postings of Sony blowing e-fuse, or other methods.

Also I've heard that the downgrade process works half way and then it bricks, but you can return it to 3.50... so for now those units can't be downgraded the usual way...

Rumor: New PS3 Slim 3.50 CECH-251x Models Not Downgradable?

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Last edited by condorstrike; 12-26-2010 at 01:55 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    my guess: if sony changed the bdrom revision the older firmwares won't be able to flash it. 3.50 could be the first to support that revision therfore perminately blocking downgrade without changing "keys".

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Moved to the main page now, and +Rep condorstrike!

I have just gotten a CECH-2501B 320GiG, I can confirm that downgrading works because it came with 3.50 installed and I downgraded to FTP some data over then updated to 3.55. Not sure if this is one of those models, but if it is downgrading worked fine for me!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrr View Post
    I have just gotten a CECH-2501B 320GiG, I can confirm that downgrading works because it came with 3.50 installed and I downgraded to FTP some data over then updated to 3.55. Not sure if this is one of those models, but if it is downgrading worked fine for me!
    I hope you don't plan on downgrading again now that your on 3.55, also does your serial sticker have CEL in bold? If it does it shows that was a working downgrade one.

Lightbulb

I must say this earlier but i am very busy right now.. when you install update 1.05 for gt5 then you update to 3.50 you can not downgrade your ps3 anymore and you must delete the gt5 update and then you can downgrade it, but after that if you go to 3.50 again and you want to downgrade it your ps3 is die like my ps3.

i hate sony.

There are so many downgradeble systems still in the stores now, so if you really want a PS3 FW3.41 go get one now, we all knew this would happen, how sad it is

how sad what it is? non downgradable ps3's are a good thing, now a 3.42+ jailbreak just became more likely. Also anyone who thinks we will still be using dongles this time next year has no faith in the scene and any other exploit besides the usb stack overflow in 3.41 is still probibly in 3.55

This might be the worst blow to the PS3 scene so far or ever, it's obvious that Sony has been working on a deterrent; a new board revision since they lately upgrade it every 2 to 6 months and the last one was release last July... Robot Santa has been naughty.

smells like the 360 summer dash update... no watch prices spike up, and people take advantage of those less unfurtate...

my dumbass came across an old BC 80gb with 3.15 sitting on it and stupidly upgraded to 3.55 before reading that 3.55 blocked downgrading lol.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News