Rumor: New PS JailBreak Backup Manager v1.1 Details Surface
According to French site Logic-Sunrise.com (linked above) and Spanish Forum http://www.ps3sos.com/showthread.php?455-PSjailbreak-se-actualiza (via ChipSpain and DiscoAzul) the upcoming PS JailBreak Backup Manager v1.1 feature details have surfaced.
OzMods states, to quote: "The final units have been delayed for everyone, not just us. So they should ship to us from China in a couple of days. The delay was due to them coding a new backup manager and locking their device to this manager, so that if anyone tries to clone, they can't use the software."
Below are a few rough translations of what other features are reportedly under development, however, this is only a rumor until officially confirmed of course.
Upcoming PS JailBreak Development Features via Logic-Sunrise:
- Support for all firmware.
- Support for NTFS.
- Supports Blu-ray and MKV.
- Support for PSX and PS2 games.
Upcoming PS JailBreak Development Features via ChipSpain:
- NFTS Support
- New version of Backup Manager 1.1 (OK)
- Compatible with all PS3 firmware
- Compatible with Blu-ray backups, PS2 and PSX.
- Auto Updater via your PC.
- Reproduction of video formats such as MKV and many well known programs like XBMC.
- You can always update the console to play online!
Upcoming PS JailBreak Development Features via DiscoAzul:
- Support for NTFS.
- New version of Backup Manager.
- Compatible with all firmware versions of the PS3 and later.
- Support for Blu-ray disc, PS2 and PSX.
- Auto Updater via PC connection.
- Ability to play. MKV and run hundreds of future applications like XBMC.
The features outlined appear to be similar, so here it to hoping this rumor ends up being true indeed!
Where are these sites getting this information from? It could just be rumor mill stuff, one of the PSJailbreak staff denied that NTFS was coming in 1.1 on Skype:
[06:00:29] PS Jailbreak Sales: hello
[10:10:44] Kï¿½TTBï¿½R: Hi
[10:11:03] Kï¿½TTBï¿½R: what new stuff is comming in backup manager 1.1?
[10:16:43] PS Jailbreak Sales: Tweaks
[10:17:04] Kï¿½TTBï¿½R: ok so no new features like ntfs support?
[10:17:31] PS Jailbreak Sales: No ntfs
[10:17:38] Kï¿½TTBï¿½R: ok thanks
IMO it's all just rumours repeated all over the net and somebody's wishlist
And even if any of so much wanted new features will be added later on (let's say in v1.2 or higher) I'm affraid PS JailBreak team will try this to make it not work (at least in it's original releas until somehow patched) with the clones and home made keys
here's a direct quote from OzMod Chips i asked them why i haven't received my ps jailbreak yet:
"The final units have been delayed for everyone, not just us. So they should ship to us from China in a couple of days. The delay was due to them coding a new backup manager and locking their device to this manager, so that if anyone tries to clone, they can't use the software"