Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: New PAN/Europe TOS Indicates PSN Ban Wave Incoming

Sponsored Links
    Update: As confirmed by many users now (including DJLO who [Register or Login to view links] the pictures below), along with stopping PSN gamesharing Sony has blocked PlayStation Network access for PS3 Debug (8002A212 Error) and PS3 JailBreak users who now are asked to update their console through a message prompt.

Just over a month ago PS3 JailBreak users had a PSN ban wave scare, and today a new [Register or Login to view links] update may indicate that Sony is finally planning to begin banning JailBroken PS3 consoles on PlayStation Network.

Currently Sony's [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links] are last updated as of June 29 of this year, however, several users are reporting that they are now required to agree to the updated TOS when taking their PS3 consoles online.

While it may not be due to the recently released PSN Tool or PSIDPatch, here are the rumored changes from freeforall9 on PSX-Scene (linked above) as follows:

- You must not use any unauthorised hardware or software to access or use Sony Online Services or make, or distribute unauthorised software or hardware via, or in connection with, Sony Online Services (including but not limited to cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices).
    - You must not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other part of any Service or cause disruption to any account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to Sony Online Services for any reason, including to gain an unfair advantage in any Service.
    - You must not bypass or attempt to bypass any user authentication systems or security feature or attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment in connection with Sony Online Services (unless permitted by applicable law).

If one changes their PSID now, gets banned and returns to the original PSID could this problem be overturned.

Fact #1: This is just an TOS update for PAN / EUROPE owners (UK, Africa, Aussie, Europe)!
    Fact #2: This brings the PAN / EUROPE agreement to the same level we had in NA (America) since June!
    Fact #3: PSN is going down in those countries for service update, so you will see error 8002A240!

There will be PSN maintenance occurring between 16:05 and 23:00 on Thursday 18th November 2010. During this time, PlayStation Store (via PC and PS3) will be unavailable together with Account Management and Registration services. Users already signed in should not be affected and those that have signed in previously may still be able to do so on their PlayStation 3.

We apologise for any inconvenience this outage may cause.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why can't Sony just leave us alone?

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    Turn off auto sign in and ALWAYS change PSID before signing in from now on!

They now have a legitimate reason to ban you off the PSN so heed my advice!

OMG maintenance i scare now we lost everything.

IDK I just agreed with it, I want to play online as long as possible, and I know there's always a chance to get banned (why not online with jailbreak, playing pirated games and having backups files everywhere on my PS3)

i don't think you should play onlnie as long as possible, that's stupid! i'm sure that one of the teams gonna release some mac address change tool, and when sony gonna rlease new fw update then the hackers gonna release spoofing to, that's my opinion and thats quite reasonable.

for now i think you just don't need to log into psn and uncheck the network option + auto update in the ps3.

Banned User
    i respect that sony fights against us, but i hope there will be no banning wave of people who didn't done anything.

it's impressive that you can change your psnid now. but i hope it doesn't hit innocent people.

greetings
    Warrorar.

change psnid not helps, sony bans mac address and is much more harder to change, but i think eventually the hackers will able to do that! just don't go to psn and to internet! that's what i sugggest.

Quote Originally Posted by pwner View Post
    change psnid not helps, sony bans mac address and is much more harder to change, but i think eventually the hackers will able to do that! just don't go to psn and to internet! that's what i sugggest.
    yeah i'll keep playing till i'm banned. i'll live lol.

and mac address can prob be changed the same way so i'm not fussed.

i'm sure everybody whom might get banned will be unbanned via fake info.

Registered User kottonmouthking's Avatar
    when i purchased my ps3key a couple months ago i pretty much accepted the fact that sony would ban all online users so i avoid online gaming all together. My hopes are for a solution that would be almost 100% safe. the ones that are out now seem almost gimicky (no slam on the creators).

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News