Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    when i remove the disc in F1 (game paused) the default sony error type screen comes up claiming that the disc has been removed - please re-insert, so i can't swap

ps3 pal 1.6

any ideas? anonymous666 - how did you get it to work?

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    Here is the similar method for F1 (from the other thread by KroKis, which is now removed as we don't need two threads on the same topic):
    Formula 1 EU swap BUG
    Yes, this is another SWAP bug for update firmware bypass. This is with a Formula 1 EUROPE PAL version:

1-Put your F1 pal a go to MULTIPLAYER menu.
    2- In multiplayer menu press "back" ("X" on my sixaxis)
    3-When game answer for confirm back to F1 main menu, eject F1 to any game.
    4-Confirm (O) exit of multiplayer game and your swaped game now work.

Confirmed PS3 JAP, firm 1.7 and F1 PAL Spain

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    heres something to chew on

Boot japanese RR7, go to time trial, select a track, select a car, then when you see "begin time trial", take out the disk and insert a dual-layer dvd with the contents of the bdrom RR7 disk burned to it, then press "begin time trial", the track will load and you can race, exit and generally just play the game as normal (from the backup disk!), might be useful if you have 2 ps3's and one copy of rr7, or if you want to try modifying data on the disk to trick the ps3 into booting said data.

Only problem with this method is the music doesn't work when you're playing off the backup, since the music is saved to the bdrom as an audio track i assume.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff Man View Post
    when i remove the disc in F1 (game paused) the default sony error type screen comes up claiming that the disc has been removed - please re-insert, so i can't swap

ps3 pal 1.6

1.-Enter in Multiplayer game
    2.-Swap Disc
    3.-Exit multiplayer game

Quote Originally Posted by Duff Man View Post

ps3 pal 1.6

This work from multiplayer mode.

Get to multiplayer, select Back (X), swap disc and confirm back (O), swaped run.

And note, if you create save with swaped game from F1, this show same pattern control as F1.

Exclamation

Guys please use THIS THREAD ONLY for all feedback on PS3 Firmware Update Bypass Methods. We don't need multiple threads on each one... any posts on this topic outside this thread will be removed. I don't want to have to check 10 threads to read the latest updates... I want them all right in this ongoing thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by neross View Post
    heres something to chew on

Boot japanese RR7, go to time trial, select a track, select a car, then when you see "begin time trial", take out the disk and insert a dual-layer dvd with the contents of the bdrom RR7 disk burned to it, then press "begin time trial", the track will load and you can race, exit and generally just play the game as normal (from the backup disk!), might be useful if you have 2 ps3's and one copy of rr7, or if you want to try modifying data on the disk to trick the ps3 into booting said data.

Only problem with this method is the music doesn't work when you're playing off the backup, since the music is saved to the bdrom as an audio track i assume.
    Or the game data is stored in memory and in fact your not running off the backup at all (hence the lack of music!) what happens if you put any disk in and try and carry on playing the game ?

Quote Originally Posted by D4T View Post
    Or the game data is stored in memory and in fact your not running off the backup at all (hence the lack of music!) what happens if you put any disk in and try and carry on playing the game ?
    i don't think you really read what i said properly. when you swap the disk and press "begin time trial", it exists the menu, loads (shows loading screen for 10-14 ish seconds), then race starts, and you can play the race, or exit from the race into the menu again and continue playing any part of the game, from the dvd-dl backup.

for the record this is on 1.70fm, using japanese rr7 original, and usa rr7 backup.

ok just tried F1 and like rfom - using pal versions of the games, on a pal ps3 fw1.6 - nethier will swap boot a ps2 ntsc disc - it's the only game i have to try that shouldn't work legally... (and, of course, fw 1.6 supports all ps3 games)

but can anyone confirm - do region codes exist on ps3 games? i didn't think so, and anonymous666 is the only person to suggest otherwise, any thoughts?

I don't believe they do... same with PSP, disc region coding for PS3 is for movies only. If anyone has proof otherwise, feel free to elaborate.

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News