Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Pal Ps3 FW 1.6

Sponsored Links
    I have tested this with a pal ps3 with firmware 1.6 and I can confirm this works!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'm a little curious - i thought the point was to be able to play back up or different region games, although i'm under the impression that ps3 games aren't region locked anyway. as long as your tv is doing HD or supports pal/ntsc then it will work anyway.

so until someone with a backup blu-ray disc can get it to load, that will be cool

hey pocyion, what are you confirming works? swapping a legit game for another legit game works? or that it crashes the system? cause apparantly in fw 1.1 it will allow you to load motostorm - which is awesome news - but does it crash fw 1.6?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was confirming that it did load the swapped legit game. I swapped RFoM for Oblivion, which it did load on 1.6fw

gonna have to rent a game that requires more than 1.5 firmware and give this a try. could be interesting.

I have tested this on NTSC PS3 FW1.31. I swapped RfoM with Virtual Tennis 3 (U.S.), which wouldn't load before (VT3 says it needed 1.32 or later). I can now finally play my VT3, which was collecting dust!

Added to the Site News update, and +50 credits to HackITandC!

ok so we're getting somewhere - it can allow people with older firmware to play later games - great start - now surely someone has a blu-ray burner - see where i'am going with this?

(lets try a backup game!!!)

ps - this method on a pal 1.6 - did NOT let me boot unlimited saga (ps2 NTSC USA) said disc was region locked

for snitzandgiggles i'm gonna burn vt3 to a dvd (it's 4.47gig) see if it does anything...
    Last edited by Duff Man; 05-16-2007 at 02:21 AM

I tried a Full Auto 2 backup and burned it to a regular dvd+r (as i have no bluray writer ) and tried the method provided by HackITandC but it didnt work...

Ps3 1.5 Pal

Guys heres another update from a 'tester': "that’s awesome!!! The whole thing is working perfectly – my fault didn’t read your post correctly. Instead of pressing “save and quit” in game menu I was pressing PS button and leaving game! So I can confirm that loophole in Fall of Man is working, at least on my setup: PAL PS 3 with FW 1.51. Couldn’t play Scrolls of Oblivion – requires 1.54 upgrade, but when done through Fall of Man works superb. THANKS!!!"

Thats a great find HackItandC, ive been holding out on buying Oblivion for my 1.50 PAL PS# and now i can go out and get it

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News