Ok confirmed working

NTSC PS3 1.32 FW
    MLB The Show 2007
    1.60 FW required
    Runs perfect with rfom swap.

Ima look for some exploits to.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've got a quick question about PS3 Firmware updates in games... Do they include the update on the disc itself or do they require you to hook your console up to the internet and download it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is so great!! I've been tempted to upgrade my firmware and now I can hold off that temptation. Has anyone tried if the method works on Dark Kingdom or Ultimate Alliance instead of RFOM? Those are the only games that I have for swapping. I'll post if I can get hold new games from the rental stores but they were out of them.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by piggymouth View Post
    I've got a quick question about PS3 Firmware updates in games... Do they include the update on the disc itself or do they require you to hook your console up to the internet and download it?
    The updates are right on the disc itself.

How do u access the update on the disc? Also I'm going to try the swap inside of mlb the show if there is any possible way.

For this to work the game has to take you back to the game menu? I think I might have a way to load ps2 game backups the same way this method works on ps3. It would be load regular ps2 game, then do switch with ps2. I might have an idea to do it with about any game.

To update the PS3 FW from the disc you would go to the Firmware Update area in the PS3 XMB and then select the disc as your media and it'll find it and allow you to update. To access the update file from the disc via PC you would need to dump it and then open the image with BRDGen and search for the 'Update' folder.

Quote Originally Posted by mercurius8 View Post
    Has anyone tried if the method works on Dark Kingdom or Ultimate Alliance instead of RFOM?
    Tried without success.

Dark Kingdom and Genji, none of them work (note: I didn't try with the online option from Dark Kingdom).

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessFX View Post
    Tried without success.

Dark Kingdom and Genji, none of them work (note: I didn't try with the online option from Dark Kingdom).
    Yeah, i tried dark kingdom too, when i tried my others. And the most i could get it to do was lockup the ps3 after swapping to a different disc. i also didn't try from any of the online features.

Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    Yeah, i tried dark kingdom too, when i tried my others. And the most i could get it to do was lockup the ps3 after swapping to a different disc. i also didn't try from any of the online features.
    PS3 EU 1.50
    RFOM EU ~> dark kingdom EU (needs 1.54)
    loaded with success

Anyone had any success with PAL PS3 booting PAL Spiderman 3 and successfully saving/loading/playing game?

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News