Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55



  1. #1
    Senior Member imtoodvs's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

    Cool Retail PS3 game into a debug hdd boot game

    Sponsored Links
    IM BACK!!!!! Now lets have some fun!

    Ok, I've been reading the boards & congrats to all the guys who pushed us forward with all their contributions to the debug/test community (you know who you are ).

    I've been doing a little research & I'm almost sure we can turn retail games into debug hdd boot games. so far it seems that we basically have to edit the .sfo file, which could have been done with Hellcat's app or PS3sys.exe.

    CJPC's tutorial was straight forward enough to explain the Eboot process, so the next step would be to pack the modified files in with the retail game. i can't remember how to create a .pkg file, so thats where i'm stuck.it

    on a retail console the limit for a hdd boot game is 5gb, but since these are debug machines, i don't think the limit applies. just in case anyone is willing to try out my theory, i would suggest trying a game under 5gb, since we'd have to stick as close to the basics as possible.

    if anyone cant shoot this idea down, please take the time to explain where the error in my logic is.

  2. #2
    Toucan Sam CJPC's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's actually pretty simple - Once you take the game, and decrypt the files, point every instance of "dev_bdvd" , to "dev_hdd0/game/TITLEIDHERE" (which, may take a tad bit of tweaking to say the least)

    Then, patch the SFO to be "HG" from "DG" if I recall, copy all the files to the HDD and you should be in business!

  3. #3
    Senior Member TUHTA's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

    Wink

    Sponsored Links
    can someone agree with me, so here is process to turn Retail Game to Debug:

    1) Copy game by using CJPC's tutorial
    2) Decrypt files
    3) Edit eboot.bin dev_bd to dev_usb0 or dev_hdd0/game/TITLEID
    4) Gen it to emu

    yes? or can someone write step by step quick guide?

    And can we actually turn to debug and play every retail game?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    can someone agree with me, so here is process to turn Retail Game to Debug:

    1) Copy game by using CJPC's tutorial
    2) Decrypt files
    3) Edit eboot.bin dev_bd to dev_usb0 or dev_hdd0/game/TITLEID
    4) Gen it to emu

    yes? or can someone write step by step quick guide?

    And can we actually turn to debug and play every retail game?
    That is the guide - just what I said, although you do not need to do #4, after editing, run the eboot through make_fself_npdrm (to make a HDD debug self) and you should be good to go!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    That is the guide - just what I said, although you do not need to do #4, after editing, run the eboot through make_fself_npdrm (to make a HDD debug self) and you should be good to go!
    and how and where i should put Game files? so i have to put folder PS3_GAME and e.t.c.? so i don't have to use ps3 gen or something? and i don't have to pack it to emu or somehting?

  6. #6
    sweet but i'm guessing that unless something happens soon retail is gonna be left in the dust ehh

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    and how and where i should put Game files? so i have to put folder PS3_GAME and e.t.c.? so i don't have to use ps3 gen or something? and i don't have to pack it to emu or somehting?
    In the same PS3 game setup, the "PS3_GAME" folder becomes "/dev_hdd0/game/TITLEIDOFGAME" (where TITLEIDOFGAME is the title id of the game), and you put the USRDIR dir inside of that , etc!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    can someone agree with me, so here is process to turn Retail Game to Debug
    you would need to edit the .sfo file from disc game to hdd game also.

    although its easier to use the bd emulator, using the .pkg game, we can store & access multiple games on our internal hdd.

  9. #9
    It's quite possible that "/dev_bdvd" isn't hardcoded in the game at all...

    You should also go to the debug menu and change the "GameContentUtil" settings from "For Release" to "For Development". This means if the game asks for it's current path, the returned path changes from "/dev_bdvd/USRDIR/" to "/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS12345/USRDIR/" (where BLUS12345 is the code printed on the spine of the box).

  10. #10
    the hard part has been done, the .pkg file was made last night. the only road block im having now is hex editing the Eboot. the game installs as a hdd game but, after it runs the ps3 recognizes it as GD (game data) instead of HG (hdd game).

 
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News