Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

region free - something i didnt get up until now

Sponsored Links
    wow, i cant believe i didnt know this, well im not that suprised i didnt know about it by how i did a market review of the consoles before i got my ps3.

is the ps3 region free for games??! i can buy games from usa and put them in my console in europe? wont the whole ntsc/pal thing matter? i cant believe i freakin accidently came across this on the internet

ive got family going to my brother in new york ill tell them to buy me all those new games comming out if so

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Correct, a stock/retail PS3 is the same as for PSP.. region-free for games but not movies.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so funny i didnt know it up until now.. im such a noob :P

somebody should make a region-free hack for the movies.. i mean.. if a dvd nowadays come region free or with instructions of how to do it in its manuals, i dont see a reason why the ps3 should be that way. if not for blu'rays then for at least dvds

ps2/ps1 games are still region locked though

Quote Originally Posted by pixilicous View Post
    somebody should make a region-free hack for the movies.. i mean.. if a dvd nowadays come region free or with instructions of how to do it in its manuals, i dont see a reason why the ps3 should be that way. if not for blu'rays then for at least dvds
    Yea it gets pretty annoying... just last night i tried to play a dvd, only to have my ps3 tell me that it could not play it since PAL format isn't supported... however i just popped it in my desktop and added the dvd drive as one of the shared folders in ps3 media server and it streamed beautifully

so that's one quick work around.

You even starting to get region free blu-ray players

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News