Update: [Register or Login to view links] has now updated [Register or Login to view links]'s Windows [Register or Login to view links] utility to RCOMage v1.1.1 for Linux users.Sponsored Links
A couple days back ZiNgA BuRgA released RCOMage v1.1.0, which allows you to dump any RCO (localized resource) file from both PS3 and PSP Firmware followed by version 1.1.1b.
Break the RCO on down and customize text strings, audio, and graphics to your liking and then recompile the modified resources and you've just created yourself a PS3 Custom Theme!
Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / RCOMage v1.1.1b for PS3/PSP
- Minor message output changes
- Fixed bug where rcomage may have tried to convert non-GIM images through gimconv when dumping
- Fixed minor issue if Image/Sound/Text tree contained no subentries
- Removed option to select compression for PNG/JPG/TIF/GIF resources in GUI as it's mostly useless and may break the RCO if changed
- Add UMDFlag attribute to RcoFile tag
- Reduce the use of CDATA sections in the dumped text XML file
- Add basic VSMX decoder/encoder; add corresponding option when dumping/compiling in CLI and GUI, as well as vsmxdec and vsmxenc functions in the CLI
- Export some internal constants to .ini files
- Add support for UTF8 and UTF32 text in RCOs (found in PS3 RCOs); also fixed some potential character encoding issues
- Add support for Fontstyle entries (used in the sysconf PS3 RCO)
- Greatly improve handling PS3 RCO object structures (thanks goes to geohot for RCO samples)
- Add support for writing PS3 RCOs; also modify GimConv to add PS3 configuration option
- Add --ini-dir option to allow specifying INI directory for the CLI
- Add version tag 0x97 as a valid PS3 tag (fixes some issues with dumping RCOs from older PS3 firmwares) [thanks to Mr Shizzy for the samples]
- Export animtable tag constants to .ini file; also fix up PS3's special MoveTo animation
- Minor modification to WAV parser - will now skip bytes if header specifies it
- Remove UTF-8 BOMs from dumped XML before the text values - seems to cause issues on some machines (and I don't think it's exactly valid anyway)
- Strip nulls from text (RCO Editor may add them)
- Replace the various "unknownInt1" name with "accelMode" - thanks to Vegetano1 for the find
More PlayStation 3 News...