Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

OS?

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
    Theoretically we could use a Flash drive to do it. All they'd need to do is change the pointers in Backup Manager from dev_hdd0 to something like dev_usbflash0 (or something to that effect). Question is, why would you want to? Unless you either A) have a REALLY big flash drive, or B) intend to use the flash drive for Homebrew apps, theres not much point.
    well.. i can get at least 10 16'G flash drives a day from my work, so there's another option

and for my Q: Does anybody working to apply the OS iphone to jailbreak the PS, or i'm waiting for nothing? thx

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Jailbreak is only useful if don't put your PS3 online anymore.

And new games who need newer firmware would be impossible to play.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yea, but.. There are a slew of games out there right now that should make ya happy and who knows down the road......they might the hack doable for 4.2.

Build a better mouse trap and they build a better mouse.

Yeah. Just like the PSP scene. What they do is to hack the firmwares so they are compatible with the newest games, right? So, something similar could (possibly) be made to the PS3.

Great post. Hope for a coming iTouch port.

Can i use my PC (usb port, conroller) instead of JailBreak or SmartPhones to "jailbreak" my PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by makakep View Post
    Can i use my PC (usb port, conroller) instead of JailBreak or SmartPhones to "jailbreak" my PS3.
    No. If it was possible it would be useless to attempt to sell PSJailbreak or even port it to anything. Everyone could just hook up their laptop and be done with it. But it doesn't work like that. If it was possible you would know it also. It would be EVERYWHERE. There would be a bazillion tutorials on how... but there aren't any because it doesn't work.

Now my question I haven't been able to find an answer to...

Will this be able to be used to install other firmware? I have a demonstration PS3 and would like to get the demo firmware off if possible... I figure if this can allow custom firmware it should be able to put on normal firmware other than what is already on the ps3.

I plan on trying to jailbreak the demo model to see if it is even doable, but I don't want to mess with my retail ps3. the demo model however can't connect to PSN anyway.

The demo firmware can not be overwritten with ANY standard methods... formatting it. Going into the debug menu and resetting it back to factory. Redoing the file system.

It is obvious some of those won't work because it doesn't touch the kernel or whatever is holding the firmware, but if the jailbreak can allow access, then I want to try and change the firmware.

So will this be possible perhaps?

What is the best way to remove all traces of backup manager on Hard Drive

Thinking about playing with Groove but would like to return my system to a virgin unmodified state afterwards.

I understand you can erase the HDD /LAUN12345 folder and all of the games with it.. In addition to deleting the 3 .dat files which upload to PSN to show games played.

/dev_hdd0/home/_____/boot_history.dat
    /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/game.dat
    /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/patch.dat

My question is when you do the step that installs Packages after first boot with groove/jailbreak, where are those files installed and how do you clean them up?

Would installing a clean new hard drive for all jailbreak experimentation be the cleanest way? then replace the original hard drive when done?

Any thoughts as to how FW upgrades are going to be handled? Think it's going to be like the PSP where Jailbreak users now have to follow an upgrade path different than Sony's?

Great write up & thanks for the heads up. I went the AT90USB162 route.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAxXBOSS View Post
    Yea, but.. There are a slew of games out there right now that should make ya happy and who knows down the road......they might the hack doable for 4.2.

Build a better mouse trap and they build a better mouse.
    ...and then a better mouse trap. And then a better mouse, and then a better mouse trap and then a... you understand. Viva la Jailbreak!
    Last edited by Darius2010; 09-12-2010 at 02:15 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News