Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ScuMM View Post
    Yeah, now that I think of it, I agree. The thing is that many people will inadvertidly upgrade the firmware. Also for getting the option to run Linux again. To my mind, the coming of PSjailbreak/PSgroove to the scene will shake the things a bit. Probably will put some more groups working and tinkering...
    well its clearly stated all over the net that advised not to upgrade if you plan using jb, well linux might happen probably in the future or if someone manange to get jb to work on 3.15, my phat is still on 3.15 cuz i havent the hardware yet to perform the hack , so i will be waiting until then atleast to figure out whats happening, yea the ball is rolling there will be sweet progress the upcoming weeks/months.
    Quote Originally Posted by shezze View Post
    Is it possible to load games from usb flash drive (stick) or it has to be an external/internal hdd ?
    i guess a flash stick would work if its big enough imo, don't see any reason it wouldent as long as it is a proper dump of the game.
    Last edited by EiKii; 09-09-2010 at 08:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is it possible to load games from usb flash drive(stick) or it has to be an external/internal hdd ?
    I think that, as long as it is FAT32 formatted, it is possible to load them from a flash drive. The thing is that most games are somewhat big in terms of space...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is it possible to load games from usb flash drive (stick) or it has to be an external/internal hdd ?
    Theoretically we could use a Flash drive to do it. All they'd need to do is change the pointers in Backup Manager from dev_hdd0 to something like dev_usbflash0 (or something to that effect). Question is, why would you want to? Unless you either A) have a REALLY big flash drive, or B) intend to use the flash drive for Homebrew apps, theres not much point.

wouldn't it be reconed same as any usb disc (external)?

there is imo some quite big flash drivesbut expensive $/gb hehe

what i understand in the jailbreak stuff is that the usb device shoves a program through the usb port of the playstation... if so, could it be possible to use a laptop/ps to emulate that program and run a usb cable from the pc to the ps3's usb port an jailbreak the ps3 like that?!?

or maybe i just dont get it...

thanks

Its okay, we'll forgive you... this time

The problem with using the PC (or another system, like the Wii) is that their USB ports are made for input, not output, just like the PS3s. To give you a good analogy... think of it like this: Imagine trying to walk up a downwards moving mall escalator... on Black Friday. You'd be fighting like hell against a current of people going the opposite direction. That's basically the limitation of using the PC's USB ports.

Playing devils advocate here... but isn't the TI84+ usb made for inputting data TO the ti84, yet it works for the hack? the usb cable from my pc to the printer is for the computer sending the info To the printer.

Quote Originally Posted by JAxXBOSS View Post
    Playing devils advocate here... but isn't the TI84+ usb made for inputting data TO the ti84, yet it works for the hack? the usb cable from my pc to the printer is for the computer sending the info To the printer.
    Yes and no. You have to understand how bidirectional communication works, especially via USB. Obviously your computer DOES communicate via USB with peripherals like printers, hard drives, etc. But its HOW they communicate that's important in this aspect. I had a bookmark somewhere regarding USB comms, I'll see if I can find it to help you better understand.

If someone more knowledgeable on USB communication can chime in here and help the people wondering understand, I'd appreciate it, as my knowledge is somewhat limited.
    Last edited by tripellex; 09-09-2010 at 11:15 PM

so in theory, you can edit the log file to remove any traces of backup manager... has this happened already, or is all this in theory?

Its all theory right now, thanks in part to CJPC's wonderful FTP util. Still waiting to hear someone actually say they've done it.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News