Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jnss View Post
    Can I play games that are on an external hard drive or do I need to move them to the internal hard drive?
    It depends on the game. Some work on one or both or neither. Just check a compatibility list like this one. http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php...=ps3-jailbreak and check the notes for thing you may have to do like the hermes patch or whatnot.

Hello all, I'm a bit of a n00b on the ps3 jb scene so I thought I'd ask a few questions.

Is there any hope for safe psn support and/or copyable dlc (ie. Rock Band songs) in the future? A good deal of my gaming is spent on Rock Band and I'd like to have dlc back. and... What is the future for games that require a newer firmware version than 3.41?

Thanks for any feedback ahead of time.
    Last edited by requiem217; 10-11-2010 at 11:24 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Please forgive my ignorance and If I posted this question in the wrong place please move it to the right one thanks.

I was wondering is it possible to reprogram MagicJack USB dongle to add the PS3 open source JailBreak? thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Are we able to use Netflix after jailbreaking the PS3?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    pretty sure the new netflix requires an update so no, not right now. maybe with the old disc version that wasnt 1080p, but that was never available in my country so i cant say for sure

Now that psgroove/freedom has been ported to 3.15 what board/usb device should i get that is compatible? (or is there even one yet?) I would prefer simple over cheap, but an upgradeable device is probably important as well for future hacks, & should i stay on 3.15 or should i upgrade to 3.41 (i realize i will lose other os) but from what i understand there are more hacks/compatibility with this firmware?

thanks in advance for any advice & my apologies in advance for being just another noob.

The PS3's Hard Drive is interchangeable, save yourself some money, buy a cheap PS3 and get a nice 1TB SATA and you'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by requiem217 View Post
    It depends on the game. Some work on one or both or neither. Just check a compatibility list like this one. http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php...=ps3-jailbreak and check the notes for thing you may have to do like the hermes patch or whatnot.

Hello all, I'm a bit of a n00b on the ps3 jb scene so I thought I'd ask a few questions.

Is there any hope for safe psn support and/or copyable dlc (ie. Rock Band songs) in the future? A good deal of my gaming is spent on Rock Band and I'd like to have dlc back. and... What is the future for games that require a newer firmware version than 3.41?
    Odds are the DLC will be cracked at some point, just be patient, as stated in the thread. The Jailbreak scene is new, give it sometime and I'm sure the content available will be quite pleasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by anticon View Post
    Now that psgroove/freedom has been ported to 3.15 what board/usb device should i get that is compatible? (or is there even one yet?) I would prefer simple over cheap, but an upgradeable device is probably important as well for future hacks, & should i stay on 3.15 or should i upgrade to 3.41 (i realize i will lose other os) but from what i understand there are more hacks/compatibility with this firmware? thanks in advance for any advice & my apologies in advance for being just another noob.
    3.41 is the most compatible Firmware it also comes with and HD fix, get it, install it, jailbreak it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuto View Post
    Are we able to use Netflix after jailbreaking the PS3?
    No, in order to use Netflix you need to update PSN, and PSN requires the 3.50 and up Firmware. Updating your console will make it unable to be JB'd and odds are if it's already JB'd you'll get banned from PSN.
    Last edited by Nespavost; 10-20-2010 at 08:47 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ps3 hdd

Is there a way to just take out the ps3 hdd drop in the laptop with capability fot 2 hdd and jailbreak it off your notebook?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelcry View Post
    Hello. I am new in the PS3 world... so could you please point me to a good PS3 JB device please....? (london delivery... if it counts) From what i have read, i think the upgradeable one is the best right ? So... any suggestions ? Thanks
    Simply because I'm old fashioned, I'd just do it myself. It's not difficult, and you can find the compatibility list as well as the proper software to go with the device. The majority of devices people have; such as an Ipod (Rockbox/PSgroove) which is very nifty, considering you still use the device after moding it. I chose to use the TI-84 Calculator. Just a suggestion though, I'm not aware of how effective purchased products are, and doing it for free is nice. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by anticon View Post
    Now that psgroove/freedom has been ported to 3.15 what board/usb device should i get that is compatible? (or is there even one yet?) I would prefer simple over cheap, but an upgradeable device is probably important as well for future hacks, & should i stay on 3.15 or should i upgrade to 3.41 (i realize i will lose other os) but from what i understand there are more hacks/compatibility with this firmware?

thanks in advance for any advice & my apologies in advance for being just another noob.
    Sorry, this just crossed my mind... Most of the devices can be updated simply by updating the software. So needless to say, if you already have a Droid or whatever the case may be, odds are you can update it. And as time progress I'm sure the latest firmware releases will be covered as well. Patience is a virtue. As time progress there'll be new updates and releases, just keep an eye out and download'em.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwolff View Post
    Is there a way to just take out the ps3 hdd drop in the laptop with capability fot 2 hdd and jailbreak it off your notebook?
    Could have sworn I responded to this... Anyway, as far as I know there is no way to Jailbreak a PS3 with a Laptop, however if it were to be that simple I'm sure you'd hear about it. If this isn't enough, try scanning the forums for something more specific and see what you find. The information's right in front of you, just look for it...
    Last edited by Nespavost; 10-20-2010 at 11:15 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Nespavost View Post
    The PS3's Hard Drive is interchangeable, save yourself some money, buy a cheap PS3 and get a nice 1TB SATA and you'll be happy.
    I've researched this before upgrading my HDD, as far as I can tell in the sata field of HDDs 700GB is the highest capacity that will fit physically (1TB are to tall) now there is a 1TB SDD that would fit for about 3x the price (and I think 1TB is the FW limit)

Quote Originally Posted by bitsbubba View Post
    I've researched this before upgrading my HDD, as far as I can tell in the sata field of HDDs 700GB is the highest capacity that will fit physically (1TB are to tall) now there is a 1TB SDD that would fit for about 3x the price (and I think 1TB is the FW limit)
    Thought they started releasing standard sized 1TB's... Huh, well I'll look into it when I get back from work. I'll post links and such if anyone's interested.

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News