Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PSXTract: Decrypt / Convert PSOne Classics from PSP / PS3 by Hykem

Sponsored Links
    Today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Hykem (the Demon) made available PSXTract, which is a tool to decrypt / convert PSOne Classics from PSP / PS3 with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Updated) / [Register or Login to view links] (converted to gcc as compiler, and some fixes) / [Register or Login to view links]

From the ReadMe file: PSXTract

Tool to decrypt and convert PSOne Classics from PSP/PS3. Written by Hykem.

This tool allows you to decrypt a PSOne Classics EBOOT.PBP on your PC, using the emulated PSP method. It features a modified version of libkirk's source code to support DES encryption/decryption and the AMCTRL functions.

Notes

You may supply a KEYS.BIN file to the tool, but this is not necessary. Using the internal files' hashes, psxtract can calculate the key by itself.

Game file manual decryption is also supported (DOCUMENT.DAT).

For more details about the algorithms involved in the extraction process please check the following sources:
    • PBP unpacking: github.com/pspdev/pspsdk/blob/master/tools/unpack-pbp.c
    • PGD decryption: emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3834 (initial research)
    • code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/browse/trunk/src/jpcsp/crypto/PGD.java (JPCSP)
    • github.com/tpunix/kirk_engine/blob/master/npdrm/dnas.c (tpunix)

AMCTRL functions: code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/browse/trunk/src/jpcsp/crypto/AMCTRL.java
    (JPCSP): github.com/tpunix/kirk_engine/blob/master/kirk/amctrl.c (tpunix)

Credits
    • Draan, Proxima and everyone involved in kirk-engine (libkirk source code)
    • tpunix (C port and research of the PGD and AMCTRL algorithms)
    • PSPSDK (PBP unpacking sample code)

Note for the people using this: Multi Disc ISO support isn't available. You may also expect some bugs with some of the isos.

Update: A small update. Hykem was able to add multi iso support, but the images usually turned out corrupted. I was able to fix that (no idea how though) so here (linked above) it is, psxtract with single and multidisc support.

If any of your discs doesn't work it's because it's probably copy protected. FFVIII didn't work for me until i tried the US version

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Make_NPData PS3 EDAT / SDAT Encrypter / Decrypter by Hykem Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Following up on his previous release, PlayStation 3 developer Hykem has now made available Make_NPData to decrypt and encrypt your own edats and sdats with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (VS2012 Compiled Code) / [Register or Login to view links] (WinXP Compiled Code) by mind [Register or Login to view links] by Hykem / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Compiled Code for Win7 and WinXP) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] by mind / [Register or Login to view links] (Latest Compile with WinXP Support) by zecoxao / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] by mind / [Register or Login to view links]

Make_NPData

Tool to encrypt/decrypt/bruteforce EDAT/SDAT files from PS3 games. Written by Hykem.

This tool aims to provide a fully working open-source solution for EDAT/SDAT file handling. It supports EDAT/SDAT decryption and decompression, encryption (compression is not yet implemented) and dev_klic brute-forcing.

Credits

JuanNadie (original EDAT algorithm implementation and research)

flat_z (rap2rifkey algorithm)

Snowydew, KDSBest and qoobz (EDAT related tools and source code)

From nevik: Here are the remaining files for the remaining operating systems that haven't been posted yet.
    • XP: compiled with cygwin so should work on WinXP-8: [Register or Login to view links]
    • MacOsX: compiled on 10.8.5 so should work on it and above: [Register or Login to view links]
    • Linux: [Register or Login to view links]

And if you are interested I have been messing around with a GUI you will need to have TCL/TK installed (activestate.com/activetcl/downloads) and just read the README in the .zip file.

I don't have a lot of edat/sdat files sitting around to test this with, or much experience with them, but if you test the GUI and let me know if it is worth while or not that would be great. And if it is let me know what issues you are having with it and I will try and fix it.

Update: From hykem: Thanks to catalinnc's tests and research I was able to improve a few things in make_npdata.

I've updated the source code with new improvements for the brute-force mode (change data type and length) and fixed NPD hashes validation and forging.

From nevik: Here are the remaining files for the remaining operating systems that haven't been posted yet.

And if you are interested I have been messing around with a GUI you will need to have TCL/TK installed [Register or Login to view links] - Tcl for Windows, Linux and Mac / ActiveState and just read the README in the .zip file.

I don't have a lot of edat/sdat files sitting around to test this with, or much experience with them, but if you test the GUI and let me know if it is worth while or not that would be great. And if it is let me know what issues you are having with it and I will try and fix it.

Here are the win exe with an updated GUI and the OsX with updated GUI:

With all versions I updated it so it can be run from any directory no longer needs to be in your home directory. Hope this helps enjoy!

Edit: Hykem thanks for your work on this it is good to see people still working on things and sharing their work! Here are the builds of the tools and of the updated GUI.

I have fixed getting the contentID in windows yet there is still the cygwin error if you are using the make_npdata.exe that I built with cygwin, sorry I will work on that, yet a pop up window will come up when getting contentID and it will be a readself of the EBOOT.BIN file and just scroll down and copy the contentID from the readself and paste into the encryption entry area.

If someone wants to post a build for windows 8 that was made with Visual Studio then the error with my GUI goes away! Just copy the make_npdata.exe into the tools folder.

All builds of the gui can be run from any directory windows or OsX. When I have time I will post a linux build and a GUI for it.

Thanks to all that have been involved in making this tool better and better! Links:

Once again thanks to those who contribute to this scene and share the great work they do!

First off Windows is not my Os of choice so there were more errors in that GUI than in any of the other builds. So I took the time to fix all of them and here is the final version 3 product.

The make_npdata was compiled with an older version of VS that I took the time to dig up and install so it works on all versions of Windows although I only have XP and 8 installed at the moment but should work on all versions.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

I fixed all the cygwin errors so that annoying mess is gone. Catalinnc if you would like to test it and let me know how it goes that would be great. Enjoy!

Update #2: I am glad it works! But I found a bug that was making the encryption process not correct, so I have fixed it, and compiled a version on XP with VS2005 because I think there was a problem with it running on win7 so I hope this takes care of the problem!

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Sorry about the bug in the GUI when compressing the file would finish but finish wrong so if you are not sure what version you have just please download again to be safe!

Update #3: From Hykem: I've just pushed version 1.3.0 of make_npdata. I've extended mind's patch to the Linux C version so both can now handle files over 4GB. The metadata section hashing is now fixed as well and the EDAT/SDAT version naming has been fixed as suggested by several users.

The chain of arguments for the encryption mode has been changed according to mind's suggestion and SDAT will only need arguments up to "format". Unicode text has been added to bruteforce mode after catalinnc found a game using it (so far the only one). Thank you all so much for the support!

Update #4: From mind: make_npdata.cpp source code for win32: pastie.org/private/rt9gaykubunxracvuobcia

[Register or Login to view code]

Hope this update will totally fix issues with handling of the large files.

Change log:

1) fixed issues with encryption of large files
    2) fixed issues with decryption of compressed large files

Compiled code for Win7 and WinXP (linked above) requires Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013: [Register or Login to view links]

The above files converted to Visual Basic (linked above), for those that prefer to work in it. Let me know if there are any bugs, I ran it through an automated tool and fixed the obvious ones. I take no credit for these files beyond converting to VB.

Hykem: regarding v.1 compressed edats related: [Register or Login to view links]
    • encryption & decryption fix
    • windows version of make_npdata.cpp

metadata is not xored into v.1 compressed edat files!

Finally, from Hykem: Oops, sorry mind, looks like we figured out the same thing at the same time. I've added that in the new version of make_npdata.

Update #5: I've just pushed version 1.3.1 with mind's patch (extended to Linux version as well) and with a few minor changes. The decryption of version 1 EDAT/SDAT files is fixed now (for the reason mind explained above) and the encryption of DEBUG data is also fixed now.

I've added a few checks so the program will halt if an invalid devklic is supplied. If you don't have a devklic just set this field to 0, since empty devklics are allowed and safely ignored. This way, make_npdata can also be used as a devklic validator.

I've also added a special case for RAP files. If you supply a file named rifkey.bin in the RAP field, the data will be read as a plain RIF key, so the RAP to RIF conversion won't be applied. This is useful if you only have access to the RIF key and not it's RAP equivalent. Thanks!

Update #6: I've just pushed make_npdata version 1.3.2. The DEBUG data handling should now be fixed both for encryption and decryption modes.

I've also changed the arguments' order for the encryption mode and added an option to switch between debug data and finalized data. It should now be closer to the process mind was describing above.

All block sizes are now supported in encryption and decryption modes and the metadata encryption for version 1 has been fixed as well.

I'm now working towards implementing the ECDSA validation for retail files. Thank you all for testing!

Update #7: From mind: New changes added the latest release for win32

1) Critical fix: fixed writing hmac 0x14 to the metadata for edats with flag 0x20 (file flags 3C)
    2) fixed my mistake with metadata signature check for edats with flag 0x20 (file flags 3C)
    3) fixed hmac and cmac compare functions by adding input parameter "hash_size" (now hmac & cmac compare functions supports hash sizes 0x10 and 0x14).

Source code: [Register or Login to view links]
    Compiled code for win32: [Register or Login to view links]

Pull request added to Hykem repo. Just another fix for win32 version. Fixed offset calculation for encryption process of large files (4gb+) Pull request placed to Hykem 's github repo.

Just another update for win32 version.

1) Critical fix: fixed batch mode.
    2) Improved ecdsa checks for zeroed signatures.
    3) Fixed program crash when rap\rifkey.bin file is not placed.
    4) If block hash validation failed - program will be stopped.

Pull request updated Hykem 's github repo.

From johnybb: I can confirm info about missing file rap/rifkey working again, batch mode working too:

[Register or Login to view code]

From mind also comes a Win32 v1.3.3 build compiled code: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Shooting bugs in version for Win32.

1) fixed crashes when input file is missed (decryption & encryption).
    2) removed creation empty file if operation is unsuccesful.
    3) separated info about rifkey & rap when this file is missed.
    4) you can use rifkey.bin from any location (another one batch mode fix).
    5) clean up.

Pull request was added to github repo.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

From Hykem: I just pushed a new version (1.3.4) that features mind's patches ported to Linux alongside a few minor fixes. I've also re-enabled network licensed EDAT file decryption, since the process is identical to RAP/RIF file decryption (encryption is still not supported).

I'll be adding the information mode next along with the IDPS + ACT.DAT + RIF method. Thank you all for the support!

From mind: v.1.3.4 compiled code for Win32:

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

Make_NPData PS3 EDAT / SDAT Encrypter / Decrypter by Hykem Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Does anybody still have the precompiled rar? I cannot figure out how to compile this myself.

can anybody give me a link teaching how to compile this?

Sponsored Links