Following up on the previous
updates, today PlayStation 3 developer user
updated PSNope to version 1.06 (Test) with the changes outlined below.
To quote: here were some requests for an update so here you are. Sony added some checks to syscall 870 in fw 4.55, but this update should make psnope pass these checks removing cfw calls should work again. New Test Features:
- Output content from the community log files (enable the debug_log option if you're running cex fw)
- Cleanup community log files based on blacklisting. no idea if its useful or not...
No cobra fw support (and no plans to add support it in the future)
Anyway, i'm not really interested in updating PSNope anymore and if you want to play online with cfw i recommend to:
- restore ofw syscall table
- clean up all history and log files
- restore ofw explore_plugin.sprx, nas_plugin.sprx and explore_category_game.sprx
There is no tool which supports all of these atm. oh, and don't spoof anything. PSN can check in theory if idps belongs to console, syscall table matches fw version, syscall table is not ofw, fw allows installing debug pkgs with broken signature, etc. no idea if they actually do these checks but they gather lots of checksums from your console each time you log into psn. Prior Changelogs & Q/A
- psid spoofing
- Cleanup boot_history.dat etc.
- Delete boot_history.dat etc.
- Beep to indicate successful rif creation
Q&A (from v1.05)
- Activate PSN content
- Spoof idps
- Fake ofw (remove cfw syscalls)
- Firmware independent i.e. no version specific offsets
Q: I want to activate PSN content. How to get started?
A: 1. create the folders psnope\lic\ on your pen drive
2. put the rap files of the content you want to activate into the "lic" dir
3. plug your pen drive into the rightmost usb port of your ps3 (/dev_usb000)
4. run PSNope
Q: Do i need the "aa" account to make it work?
A: No, you don't.
Q: How can i enable changing my idps?
A: open config.txt, change "spoof_idps=0" to "spoof_idps=1" and set "idps=" to the idps you want to use
Q: Where does it look for config.txt?
A: It looks for config.txt in the following places and uses the first it is able to open:
Q: I spoofed my idps and and activated some content. Why doesn't it work?
A: Because your idps is part of the decryption algo. Please set "use_spoofed_idps" to "1" to fix it.
Q: Whats a ".klic" file?
A: Its a decrypted ".rap" file. PSNope supports these as well.
Q: How can i disable certain System Calls that may be detected?
Q: Will PSNope work on future CFWs?
A: It should work as is, because there are no version specific offsets being used (unlike the others).
Q: Is there any chance my console could get bricked by PSNope?
no changes are being made to your console's flash.
Q: Can I use the source code or parts of it in my own projects?
A: Sure, as long as your project is open source.
Please have a look into config.txt. Enabling or disabling the new features should be pretty much self-explanatory.
More PlayStation 3 News