Following up on PSIDPatch
, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer KW
) has released a PS3 application he calls PSN Patch v1.01 followed by v1.03 and v1.05 for Custom Firmware, which allows users to temporarily disable their CFW, spoof their Console ID and more as detailed below.
/ psnpatch 1_03_5.zip
/ psnpatch 1_03_5b.rar
To quote: This is a small app made by KW and inspired in the works of stoker25 (psidpatch) and user (psnope).
The major objective is to spoof the console Id and disable cfw syscalls extensions in order to make your system more "safe" to go into the psn. (Note that MORE safe doesn't mean IT IS safe !).
Additionally, you can also sign RAPs into RIFs. Starting from psidpatch simple interface with the functionalities of psnope. New algorithms specially made for CFW disable and valid user account search. Major Functions:
- Spoof IDPS (console ID) **
- Spoof PSID **
- Disable cfw syscalls (emulates official firmware) **
- Deletes game launch history (deletes the records of the last games used);
- Sign Rap into RIF.
** These actions are temporary until next system reboot. How to use:
- Just install and run. A simple interface will guide you through.
CFW DISABLE / REMOVE SYSCALLS
- You can execute the app directly after install.
- This will allow you to remove cfw syscalls and delete execution history.
- Removing syscall will simulate a official firmware version improving protection level against PSN bans.
- Note that after doing this, some homebrew programs (like multiman) will refuse to execute.
- Just mount the game backup you want BEFORE using PSNPATCH to disable cfw.
- After CFW is disabled you can play the mounted game backup but cannot mount another one.
- This "cfw disabling" will only be active until next ps3 reboot.
Press Triangle - 3 beeps will inform of the cfw removal success.
SPOOF CONSOLE ID (IDPS):
If you want to spoof idps and psid, you need to the edit the PSNPATCH.cfg file (see example). PSNPATCH will scan 2 locations in the following order:
Press X just to spoof both idps and psid.
Press L1 to do a "ALL IN ONE": Spoof idps and psid, disable cfw syscalls and delete execution history. 3 beeps will inform of the success disabling cfw.
SIGNING RAPS INTO RIFS:
- When PSNPATCH starts, it will search for the first valid user account (usually it will be '1', but it can be a different value).
- Place the RAPS in the folder configured in PSNPATCH.cfg (usually /dev_usb0/exdata/ in a usb stick placed on the right most ps3 port).
- Press Square - a log will be displayed on-screen listing the processed files.
- If you don't want the user interface, just execute PSNPATCH and keep pressed L1 or Triangle until 3 beeps or get back to the XMB.
INSTALLING RAPS AND EDATS:
When PSNPATCH starts, it will search for the first valid user account (usually it will be '1', but it can be a different value).
Place RAPs and/or EDATs in the folder configured in PSNPATCH.cfg (usually /dev_usb0/exdata/ in a usb stick placed on the right most ps3 port).
Press L1 - a log will be displayed on-screen listing the processed games by file type
- Note 1: Advisable not process more than 20 files at the same time.
- Note 2: Once the RAPs and EDATs are installed, you can remove them form the USB stick.
- Note 3: RAPs and EDATs are installed in one user account but available to all users.
- Note 4: RAPs are installed with the current IDPS (original or spoofed) and will only work with that IDPS active !
- Note 5: EDATs are IDPS independent.
UNLOCK PSN GAME (C00) DEMOS:
PSNpatch can unlock game demos of c00 type. For each unlocked game there will be created a new EDAT. Press R1 - A list of unlocked games will be displayed on screen.
FIRMWARE VERSIONS COMPATIBILITY:
- PSNPATCH should be compatible with every 4.XX version.
- It is independent of the CFW "flavour" (rebug, rogero, habib, steve, etc).
- Tested with 4.21, 4.25, 4.30, 4.41, 4.46 and 4.50.
- It should be compatible with future firmware releases, as it uses standard syscalls to process the spoofing method.
- It does the cfw disabling by searching and disabling the known "unofficial”syscalls 6,7,8,9,10,35,36. Equal to every 4.X firmware until now.
TESTING IF PSNPATCH WORKS WITH YOUR SYSTEM:
IF you want to be sure psnpatch works in your system:
- Edit pasnpatch.cfg to define new idps and psid. Put it in the root of a usb stick and place it in the rightmost ps3 usb port.
- Run psnpatch keeping L1 pressed until you ear 3 beeps or got back to XMB.
- If the system beeped, it means that the cfw disabling was successful.
- You can re-run psnpatch. It should give you an error complaining about cfw syscalls not found and it will display the current idps and psid values.
- You can also run Multiman, Irismanager or any other syscall-dependent homebrew: they will all complain about an unsupported firmware version
- Never execute any homebrew WHILE connected to the PSN !
- And the safest way to keep being banned is to be offline !!!
Version 1.03 (28/10/2013) Changelog:
- Stoker25 for psidpatch.
- User for psnope.
- Disable CFW (2 complementary algorithms);
- Delete execution history (at psnpatch startup);
- Install EDATs;
- Unlock PSN (C00) game demos;
- Left/Right selects between valid user accounts (displaying user name);
WARNING: New button mapping (to accommodate newer functions). Version 1.05 Changelog:
PSNpatch 1.05 for 4.XX CFW & COBRA 7.0
- ADDED SUPPORT FOR CFW disabling in COBRA 7.0;
- STEALTH version;
- cfg file adjusted to support stealth version;
More PlayStation 3 News