Update: PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v1.92 is now available HERE to download, which contains some fixes as detailed, followed shortly by v1.97 HERE with more changes and a demonstration video below!
I didn't program most of PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v1.7 and only take credit for merging 3r1c's Proxy Server and MyDownloader to create an application which automatically intercepts the downloads without the hassle of copying the URL from the log into a download manager and then setting up a file redirect.
NOTE: My line only downloads at upto 175 Kilobytes, and usually without using this application, the PS3 only reaches around 30 - 40 Kilobytes.
- Built in Proxy Server
- Automatic Interception of PSN Downloads
- Segmented File Download's
- Pause and Resume File Transfers
- Download files while playing PS3 Games
Mr. Labigalini - MyDownloader (SOURCE)
3r1c - Proxy Server (SOURCE)
Develio13 - Mashing the Source
Hope you enjoy, and watch your PSN Downloads fly...
Q: What was the purpose in Mashing the source code?
I wanted an application that could automatically download files from the PSN without copying and pasting the url from the log into a download manager, and finally selecting a file to replace a given url.
Q: How do i use this application?
1. Make sure [Register or Login to view links] or greater is installed.
2. Start Internal IP.bat
3. Write down your IP Address
4. Start your Playstation Console
5. Goto Network Settings and select Internet Connection Settings
6. Proceed with Custom Settings until Proxy Server
7. Choose Use and enter your IP Address, and port = 27
8. Save your changes by completing the wizard
9. Start the PSN DM.exe (NOT Proxy.exe)
Issues and Solutions:
Q: PS3 Downloads not showing in the GUI?
1. Close the application
2. Check for proxy.exe in processes with Windows Task Manager (End Process - If Any)
3. Make sure the path.txt file is in the executable path
4. Check destination folder in the path.txt exists
5. Confirm your proxy settings on the console
Q: When downloading from PSN it says "Please Wait" until error occurs?
1. Once it says "Please Wait" just press Circle and wait until download manager has finished.
2. Download the file from the PSN Again this will take the file from the PC Cache folder instead.
Mainly just what the first post says is the advantage, to save those who use it time and for convenience it "saves the hassle of copying the URL from the log into a download manager and then setting up a file redirect."