Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well a vast amount of games use the clients as the hosts only using PSN as the db for user details and as the middleman negotiating/policing connections. I'd have to agree that mmorpgs and the like that use central servers to host games will be extremely difficult to reverse engineer so I wouldn't bet on that sort that of support for a long time to come.

But with the way the PSN is setup for multiplayer for games like COD it could be done with very few servers (and a minimal cost) as long as they are spread out properly.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    any PSN replacement will require registration as without registration you can't have an account, without an account you can't have a unique login and without unique logins how would it tell users apart?
    True! My previous post stated this: And... your entire wallet including credit cards!

I was talking about making us possibly pay for it on top of just registering.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ah ok sorry, i thought you thought it was suspicious they were making people register. my bad lol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, from what I've been reading since posting last, it appears that we may be forced to pay for the service. I actually don't have a problem with that as long as it's not too much and runs smoothly.

Heck, I've never had my PS3 on PSN anyhow. If they get a good solid service running I might even jump ship and got for it. I'd give it a try since it's not involved with Sony. That's as long as they aren't charging an arm and a leg for it.

It would be way easier if someone just made an app or a CFW with Xlink Kai built-in, similar to the Freestyle Dash for Xbox 360.

This way, we could have online play without needing to be on PSN at all.

But, doesn't Xlink have poor support for games? There's not many games covered. Maybe a CFW can be made with better game coverage but that's a big issue with Kai.

This is a very interesting concept and i like it, hope it isn't fake. I wonder how sony will take this hahaha.

It would require a LARGE amount of money to keep alive, mostly FAKE. Hope I'm wrong.

You may be right! One of the current developers at PSKinect was on another forum just blatantly being smart & offensive about this possible service. Didn't like people asking questions and just not acting professional at all. Not the right way to introduce something new and gain support.

This would be amazing. I'm not going to get my hopes up though!

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News