Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Here are some raw dumps of output data from the dongle courtesy of FiDilllo also.
    It come from lv0lv1lv2 dump

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Here are some raw dumps of output data from the dongle courtesy of FiDilllo also.
    any chance of getting the full dump?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If the information are correct the dongle should be easily clone able. The AtMega used in the original JB should be an Atmega16 or Atmega32 since those two are available in a TQFP-44 socket.

For our own JB maybe the smaller Atmega8 could be enough too. An open USB implementation for the Atmega series exists on the internet. With a full log of communication (including timestamps) between PSJB and Ps3 i could program the firmware for the Atmega.

Quote Originally Posted by thetom777 View Post
    any chance of getting the full dump?
    Although it's just hearsay right now, some guys on IRC claim it will be leaked/surface on September 1, 2010 but who knows for sure.

Although it's just hearsay right now, some guys on IRC claim it will be leaked/surface on September 1, 2010 but who knows for sure.
    the gossip will never stop... and all of this mess is just someone stroking there ego

This is very interesting, it basically means that there is no special hardware involved... all it's doing is use a buffer overflow (exploit found by reading the ps3's kernel code) to inject some code.. the code injected is probably used to override the 'jig authentication procedure' to make it authenticate any given code as the jig.

The fact that this is just a software emulation of the USB means that one can create a 100% free solution, most of us probably already have the necessary hardware, be it a PSP, a PC, or in my case, I'm planning on writing a kernel driver for my N900 that would emulate the dongle.

Yes people can't "change/reprogram" usb flash sticks, but with a powerful device like the N900 (and probably other linux-based (android) phones out there), you can actually 'reprogram' the usb slave device.

Come on people! We need usb dumps, the methodology and algorithms used (which 6 usb ids used, what order, what device name used to overflow the stack, what static 64bytes get sent, etc..)!

Give me the info and I'll give you a kernel package for your N900 to transform it into a dongle!

Lightbulb

omg this is the usb psjialbreak is made from:

that dump info looks pretty good hope to see something soon from this..

@amojess - It's already been stated that the case for the ps jailbreak dongle is a generic one that's used elsewhere.

Anyways, it's nice to hear things are progressing. I did have some thoughts, since people are complaining about the inability to upgrade the device. As far as I know, the only PS Jailbreaks out in the wild are the demos, right? The Jailbreak crew had to know that people would be trying to reverse engineer those units, so what if they were made very differently than the final product?

If I read correctly, there is an inability to upgrade the device through USB. The devs of PS Jailbreak might have figured that it'd be best to gimp those units to stall for time before cheaper alternatives manifest and until they can finish cashing in. The delay in release can be seen as a testament to that.

Orders were flying in and they might have decided to just stretch it out just a little bit longer. The high price implies, at least to me, that they were interested in a quick cash in. It's possible the orders didn't slow down as much as they expected and saw a huge opportunity to benefit even more before these things are devalued.

Just my 2 cents...

It would be good if they released the full dumps so everyone could work on it, but chances are that they won't, definitly not until they have their own PSP/PC programs they can release and have everyone at their site. Oh well, I can wait.

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News