Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Think thats good news for the hardcore devs. But I think the most of the people just want to creating new games, editing the Firmware or create an Custom Firmware.

About me, I don't step through the PAYLOAD "things", if somebody find out new awesome things what he can do with it, would be great to let us know.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is actually awesome. It allows skilled enough people to understand how the payload works and possibly to extend it (like someone did adding HV peek and poke allowing clean memory dumps). What amazes me a great deal is how they (authors of original exploit) managed to get to the state it is - i.e. how they found out possible overflow, how to test to a stage where it could be useful...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So does it actually patch the system to Block System Updates as advertised?

Can someone with the skills modfiy and ad some codes to this, so that dev_flash can be loaded from a usb stick? One stick with fw 3.41 and one with the newest fw, and maybe cfw in the future.

This will also enable people to change there PS3 region, US/EU/JAP. And to downgrade the fw.

I know people has mentioned this before. But i cant si why this is not possible? Can't someone explain to me what we are missing, to make this a reality?

Banned User
    great work boss, because i'm not a friend of this jailbreak story i hope that this will learn people to the ultimate solution. on how to break the system down and bring on backups and homebrew, without a usb stick in the console, or the possibilty of getting banned because if a string like LAUN12345.

so i've been "trying" to follow this jailbreak thing as close as possible. So you need to have a USB dongle in at all times if you want it jailbroken? (tethered)

so if i wanted to use my iphone or any droid device to do the PSGroove/freedom; it has to be plug'd in at all times?

guys does anyone know if there is a permanent jailbreak on the way?

Quote Originally Posted by br4insick View Post
    so i've been "trying" to follow this jailbreak thing as close as possible. So you need to have a USB dongle in at all times if you want it jailbroken? (tethered)

so if i wanted to use my iphone or any droid device to do the PSGroove/freedom; it has to be plug'd in at all times?
    Actually no, it has to be plugged in when you turn on your ps3. Once the system is booted you can unplug your iphone or whatever your using. Only the original psjailbreak requires it to stay plugged in at all times.

This is a great news, I'm simply amazed at what can be done with the ps3 now..

Quote Originally Posted by grudge1981 View Post
    Actually no, it has to be plugged in when you turn on your ps3. Once the system is booted you can unplug your iphone or whatever your using. Only the original psjailbreak requires it to stay plugged in at all times.
    I got that part and i see people install backup manager and other homebrew stuff. So even after you install it, you still need to boot with a USB PS3jailbreak device in order to do anything?

so basically this is a tethered jailbreak ??

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News