Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by aamir007 View Post
    When blocked by PSN for using the PS Jailbreak would you lose the option to use the web browser and media centre features and services such as BBC iPlayer,ect. I know it will allow to access any PSN services which am not too bothered about, hardly ever play online.
    That's an interesting question. When I was still on 3.15, even when I wasn't signed into PSN, my console wouldn't allow me to connect to the Net to use either the web browser nor media center features unless I updated to 3.21, which I reluctantly did. So I dunno. I gave ya +Rep for posting the question though.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by aamir007 View Post
    When blocked by PSN for using the PS Jailbreak would you lose the option to use the web browser and media centre features and services such as BBC iPlayer, ect. I know it will allow to access any PSN services which am not too bothered about, hardly ever play online.
    I meant to write 'I know it won't allow to access any PSN services which am not too bothered about, hardly ever play online.'
    Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
    That's an interesting question. When I was still on 3.15, even when I wasn't signed into PSN, my console wouldn't allow me to connect to the Net to use either the web browser nor media center features unless I updated to 3.21, which I reluctantly did. So I dunno. I gave ya +Rep for posting the question though.
    Thanks for the rep.

However i did bump into this on the forum How to Block PSN and Retain PS3 Media Server Usage which you could do before inserting the PS Jailbreak so the PS3 never actually connects to the PSN network at all when using the Jailbreak hence it does not get banned but it does mention that you won't be able to use the XMB web browser. But it still retains the media centre feature. Not sure if it would work.
    Last edited by aamir007; 08-25-2010 at 04:29 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    probably not... We would need some serious info on them beyond what we have currently. The power of the XBOX360 is roughly equivalent to the PS3, except for the fact that the X360 has multiple processors... the PS3 has SPUs. I hope you are still reading, because my point here being that Microsoft has 100% of the documentation on the xbox1 and still failed pretty miserably (or at least did for a long while) at designing an emulator for it on X360.

Sony, who has 100% access to PS2 specs, could have saved tens of thousands of dollars by developing an emulator for their system, and in fact developed emulation for most everything in their system, but they still didn't finish most likely due to processing limitations (IMHO).
    this is where i disagree. think about it. there are some pretty darn good ps2/xbox emulators on the pc made by other people. its not that sony and microsoft cant emulate their old consoles they just dont want to. think about it, if they did then no one would buy xbox originals off of xbox live and no one would buy ps2/ps1 games off the psn network.

I just love how Sony doesn't even have to think about ways to combat this shit, you guys do that part for them. All they have to do is check this forum and they've got ideas galore.

Quote Originally Posted by chomps268 View Post
    I just love how Sony doesn't even have to think about ways to combat this shit, you guys do that part for them. All they have to do is check this forum and they've got ideas galore.
    ^ its not like they dont already have contingency plans for situations just like this (i think they started thinking about that from the early days of psp hacking, Pandora battery kinda had a big effect)...

Chances are that sony dosent even care and the day after most of them are shipped and the are finaly being used (and hopefully are cloneable with an encryption chipped jumpdrive) they will just patch it with a firmware update...

Sony dosent even care about what we say on these forums, as far as they are concerned its mostly just gossip... after all it is the internet (80% adult content, 18% whining, and 2% useful information)

Sony's been thinking about piracy ever since the old PSX PIC chips. Man... those were the days.

Man. If the ps3 is ever able to load back ups for ps1, ps2 and ps3 + cfw + homebrew + OtherOS... I don't think there would be a better system for a long, long time.

Not to mention I'm sure eventually there'd be some gba, n64, snes emu's and tons more. It would be the ultimate gaming system x] So many games I could go back and replay that I beat when I was a kid. and with it getting 3D and what not it has potential to be the best system around. I'd gladly give up PSN for those features any day =p Just sayin'.

just received my free sample psjailbreak via express shipping

I've rented heavy rain and im ripping it now... works like a charm! Ripping all originals that i own currently.

Quote Originally Posted by laggmaster View Post
    Sony dosent even care about what we say on these forums, as far as they are concerned its mostly just gossip... after all it is the internet (80% adult content, 18% whining, and 2% useful information)
    At any other time when there is no breaking news about hacking, I would tend to agree, but $ony would be foolish not to monitor this and other known hacking sites and blogs especially during a time like this when there is a serious risk of their precious PS3 security on the line. You's probably find that they monitor these sites more serious than their own forums.

Quote Originally Posted by chomps268 View Post
    euheuhe they didn't even need to spend time and money... just access here and pick up one idea.

I can even imagine the nick "Sony_Engineer" is online.

Rocks.

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News