Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Guys, forgive my noobiness but, this firmware thing is surely going to be a problem isn't it? Although the jailbreak works on current firmware (as do all current games) what happens when they start releasing new games that will only run on new updated firmware (that will surely include a fix to stop the jailbreak working)? is this not the big issue I think it is???

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    works on all firmwares apparently.. plus we have access to customise/downgrade the firmware.

we only need a developer to get workin' which they probably already are.

UNLIKE GEOHOT THE DICK!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jimihat View Post
    what happens when they start releasing new games that will only run on new updated firmware (that will surely include a fix to stop the jailbreak working)?
    I'd say it's hard to speculate what the future holds right now, but with a way IN the PS3 chances are it will be a cat and mouse game with Sony and PS3 hackers from this point forward.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I'd say it's hard to speculate what the future holds right now, but with a way IN the PS3 chances are it will be a cat and mouse game with Sony and PS3 hackers from this point forward.
    Ya, I think the game of cat and mouse has finally begun. Itīs going to be real interesting to see what starts popping up.

Iīm wondering if were not going to be seeing another FW update soon.
    I know I would be very hesitant to plug my ps3 online after using this. I wouldnīt be surprised if sony starts banning people if they can detect your using this.

Last time I updated I did read the EULA and it did say they have the right to scan your hardware and ps3 software so i donīt know. It is cool to finally see some real action in the ps3 scene though.

BRING IT ON!!! I can't wait

I bet the hackers will be able to create a CFW now. The PS3 JIG was just what they wanted, wasn't it? Let 2-3 weeks pass until every hacker has his JIG, then the interesting news will start.

Imo, the "easily detectable" thing isn't true. That's damage control. Or theory as far as possible countermeasures go. They can't ban all devices running a blank unregistered dev-id in general, and then unlink the ids owned by legitimate testers and users. That's hopeless.

If the backup solution is what I think it is, then it also doesn't need to use a particular ID, nor can that program necessarily broadcast it's ID just like that.

So in the short term, Sony would probably use a more simple solution, basically involving a dual track for firmware updates. Where the retail ps3s get one kind - disabling a number of IDs from use. Possibly needing to be specifically unlocked for bought software (again, not a complete solution). While "testing" firmwares wouldn't have that blacklist.

...anyway, personally, I don't care, as long as Sony is up in arms and flailing around like flight-less chickens. Maybe they'll end up having to invalidate all their dev-kits, and send out renewed certificates for any new game released. It's going to be hilariously expensive for them either way. And it's certainly not going to stop me from pirating any first-party Sony titles in the future.. that is, if I have any interest in playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by nipsen View Post
    So in the short term, Sony would probably use a more simple solution, basically involving a dual track for firmware updates. Where the retail ps3s get one kind - disabling a number of IDs from use. Possibly needing to be specifically unlocked for bought software (again, not a complete solution). While "testing" firmwares wouldn't have that blacklist.
    Hum you're right, but as far as we know the PSJB can be updated, so it could generate fake IDs, maybe IDs from original games. So this could be "bypassed".

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by nipsen View Post
    Imo, the "easily detectable" thing isn't true. That's damage control. Or theory as far as possible countermeasures go. They can't ban all devices running a blank unregistered dev-id in general, and then unlink the ids owned by legitimate testers and users. That's hopeless.

If the backup solution is what I think it is, then it also doesn't need to use a particular ID, nor can that program necessarily broadcast it's ID just like that.

...anyway, personally, I don't care, as long as Sony is up in arms and flailing around like flight-less chickens. Maybe they'll end up having to invalidate all their dev-kits, and send out renewed certificates for any new game released. It's going to be hilariously expensive for them either way. And it's certainly not going to stop me from pirating any first-party Sony titles in the future.. that is, if I have any interest in playing them.
    Wouldn't the best solution to make an undetectable custom firmware that has iso capabilities built in like on the psp.

Sure. But that involves re-engineering the hardware interfaces (if I got this right, which I might not have).

And.. yes. If it's a wrapper, like I think it is, it could be customised a lot. ..basically, Sony would ban the "known" ID.. it'd get dropped into the public domain because it's useless.. it'd be changed, Sony lose anyway. No doubt it'll end with programmatically removing the USB-drives from the system in future updates.

But hey. Whatever. ..Now excuse me, I'm just going to enjoy this fleeting moment of spiteful revenge a little bit longer.

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News