Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by chomps268 View Post
    Nah, you can't delete the manager from what I understand.
    thought it was installed in the same manner as a psn game, so you can "triangle" -> delete it?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhar View Post
    thought it was installed in the same manner as a psn game, so you can "triangle" -> delete it?
    Doubtful, as the information is still retained in the system log, a file we are (as of yet) unable to edit. I hate to say it, but system makers have done a good job in the past few years in securing their systems. My 360 was a casualty of the mass XBL ban last year, even with stealthed firmware.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by chomps268 View Post
    Hopefully we'll be able to salvage online play somehow, while still being able to make use of PS3Jailbreak/CFW/Homebrew.
    X-Link Kai? (banned X360 users use it all the time)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'm sure theres a way of getting around this.

we used to have no problem stopping updates so i'm sure this wont be a problem either.

Quote Originally Posted by spark32 View Post
    X-Link Kai? (banned X360 users use it all the time)
    That'd work... But I enjoy getting trophies

When everyone got all excited about the 'JIG', I already thought about PSN and PS Store, and now it seems that the 'JIG' is useless unless you got two PS3's and don't care about playing online with one. (But everyone plays online these days, so...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhar View Post
    And what about PlayStation 3's system restore/format? That will wipe it doesn't it?
    Last edited by Karoi; 08-23-2010 at 02:34 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Karoi View Post
    And what about PlayStation 3's system restore/format? That will wipe it doesn't it?
    Again, doubtful. The logs would be something Sony would want to keep intact, especially if someone had to repeatedly restore their system and contacted customer support. They'd use the logs to determine if there's a hardware or software fault, etc. I'm sure it keeps track of all HW IDs introduced into the system, in case, say, a Rockband instrument was causing a system conflict.

I'm sure Sony pulls these logs everytime you log into PSN to make sure you aren't using some sort of cheating device while playing, say, Call of Duty, like the old GameSharks or Pro Action Replays. All they'd need to do is compare the device IDs to a know list of allowable/blacklisted devices and bam, insta-ban. It'd look highly suspicious if all of a sudden hundreds of JIGs were suddenly showing up on PSN.

Well I was DEFINATELY gonna get a "OFFLINE" PS3 & one for "ONLINE GAMING", Personally I think this would work on 3.41 until "THE UPDATE" which hopefully we have sorted something out by then, it stops SOFTWARE UPDATES, so an offline PS3 works? but who is saying the game would work with no update?? there are a lot of games you could back up and play until now tho...

So excited lol, cant wait until YOU GUYS get hold of one.

Banned User
    This is just like the 360, you are going to need 2 consoles, one untouched for online, and one to play backups, get used to it, its the way it will be for a long time, personally for me, backups are more important, my online 360 has barely been used.

Cool Someone say homebrew?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretikewl View Post
    While I appreciate the urgency for running backups, I've heard almost nothing about any possiblities of homebrew yet. Hb could lead the way to much greater things (including running backups.. just look at the wii).
    PS-tWii (Finally)! (pronounce 'PS-tweet' minus the t at the end )
    XBMC (Para PS3)
    Brute-Force apps with GPU support (and network too )
    Dedicated 'offline' PSN server mode? (Just being hopeful)
    Ext2/3/4 FS support (maybe not efficiently, but it will be done)
    Permanent Custom Firmwares (created from GeoHot's method + homebrew)
    Multiple Video out support per title (Borderlands per-say, does scaling dependent on resolution so HDMI would be 720P, component would be 720P, and then resolution would be 2360x720P)

Just got to get an SDK, and a 'boot-stick' and I'll be ready to work on 'em all

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News