Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by whinis View Post
    Its obviously detected by logs within the firmware as to what has been installed and anything installed that was not downloaded throws a flag simple fix would be custom firmware that does not flag stuff coming from unsigned packages.
    Alright then that totally kills what I had in store.

My plan was, I was going to buy another HD and pop that one in for PS3 Jailbreak stuff and use my old one for playing on PSN and such... But I suppose that wouldn't work?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Na, The only way for this to work this way (guessing) is for it to keep a log somewhere its not going to be deleted, best place for that is the nand, where the firmware is kept.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by whinis View Post
    Na, The only way for this to work this way (guessing) is for it to keep a log somewhere its not going to be deleted, best place for that is the nand, where the firmware is kept.
    Mmmm... So to me, it sounds like a workaround is highly possible?

I feel bad for all of the people who actually spent their money on this. Such a scam... Anyone wanting to do this should have 2 PS3's handy.
    Last edited by chomps268; 08-23-2010 at 12:20 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you delete manager and unplug dongle before you go online, will it still be detectable?

I don't want to buy another ps3 just to play

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    Maybe i will wait for the first batch of banned consoles to arrive and get one of those. If you use your console for backups/homebrew offline and go online when u aren't using the dongle, could you still be detected?
    This was what I was going to ask. If it really leaves no traces behind as originally stated then Sony would have no way of stopping us from doing that.

Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Ok, so let's say that it is detectable by Sony (even if you aren't using it online).

The biggest news to me about this is the ability to run unassigned code. So it still opens the door for homebrew and possible cfw right? Doesn't this still open up the system? Shouldn't the devs/others be excited just to finally be able to look in all the nooks and crannys of the PS3?

While I appreciate the urgency for running backups, I've heard almost nothing about any possiblities of homebrew yet. Hb could lead the way to much greater things (including running backups.. just look at the wii).

And so the other shoe falls. I was afraid this was too good to be true. Lets just hope that this will at least open enough room for further compromising of the PS3 to take place, and fully open the system to homebrew developers and end users alike. I for one will be disconnecting my 3.21 system from the 'Net to prevent any automatic patching while we wait for either a free clone tool or a super cheap alternative. I still see the potential for this to pave the way for a massive PS3 homebrew scene and possibly further system exploitation.

I'm sure hackers will find out how to make games stealth. The Xbox 360 mod scene started like this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretikewl View Post
    Ok, so let's say that it is detectable by Sony (even if you aren't using it online).

The biggest news to me about this is the ability to run unassigned code. So it still opens the door for homebrew and possible cfw right? Doesn't this still open up the system? Shouldn't the devs/others be excited just to finally be able to look in all the nooks and crannys of the PS3?

While I appreciate the urgency for running backups, I've heard almost nothing about any possiblities of homebrew yet. Hb could lead the way to much greater things (including running backups.. just look at the wii).
    Ditto, I can't wait for the homebrew/cfw etc. But I mean, if it's like how the PSP was where you had to choose either between online play or CFW then it will still be a tough decision. Hopefully we'll be able to salvage online play somehow, while still being able to make use of PS3Jailbreak/CFW/Homebrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhar View Post
    If you delete manager and unplug dongle before you go online, will it still be detectable?
    Nah, you can't delete the manager from what I understand.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News