PSGroove PS3 JailBreak Ported to Rockbox and Working on IPods
Today shuffle2 has successfully http://github.com/shuffle2/rockbox_psgroove the original PSGroove payload to Rockbox, an open-source replacement firmware for MP3 players, and OGroteKoning shared a simple guide for those interested followed by an updated guide.
In addition, id10terror http://psx-scene.com/forums/showpost.php?p=532032&postcount=1 PSGroove ported to Rockbox for Sansa e200, c200v1 Series and others along with a guide (below) and DanyL has http://www.psx-scene.com/forums/showpost.php?p=538242&postcount=1 a few RockBox PSGroove Installers available below followed by Rockbox PSGroove Payload Hermes V4 Hex Codes.
To quote: "I built a small program that allows easy installation of PSGroove on iPod devices. It's still in beta and it lacks of automatic installation of iPL. But it works pretty well." In v1.0b2: "Added support for sansa E200v1, E200R, C200v1 (including bootloader installation). Fixed some bugs."
To quote from PSGroove: Of the rockbox compatible MP3 players, shuffle2 has tested this on a 5th generation ipod video.
He states it will work on all PP502x based targets. Currently it is using the original psgroove payload, without any extra features.
However, he has plans to integrate some of the better psgroove payload revisions.
When asked which other devices were compatible, he stated: "theoretically anything that rockbox supports (but people with the devices would need to do some simple patches first)"
PSGroove Ported to Rockbox for Sansa e200 Series and Others Guide:
1. Download Rockbox Installer - http://www.rockbox.org/download/
2. Use installer to install at least the minimal Rockbox installation
Once Rockbox is up and running normally on your Sansa e200:
3. Extract the attached zip file into the root of your Sansa and let it overwrite any newer files.
4. Disconnect and restart your Sansa.
Once your Sansa is re-booted into the new Rockbox:
5. Turn off the back Power switch or Disconnect PS3.
6. Connect the Sansa via USB to your PS3. (make sure it's the only thing connected)
7. Turn the Power switch back.
8. Press the touch sensitive Power Button and then Eject immediately after.
+ Compiled for Sansa e200v1
+ Compiled for Sansa c200v1
+ Tested and working on Sansa e200R (Rhapsody version - Thanks for testing Armen1er)
- To return Sansa to normal, just run the Automatic installer and reinstall Rockbox.
- To access original firmware and USB functionality: Turn on Sansa while holding down the left (or back) button. Then Connect to your PC's USB.
Same here my HTC Incredible works well and now so does my 5th gen video ipod.The hack breaks functionality of rockbox,but you can boot into original apple software or rockbox and use either.
Originally Posted by bl0wme
can we get a tutorial for this ?
Once rockbox is running on your ipod then go into my computer and browse to ipod/.rockbox/rockbox.ipod and replace it with file of the same name.Re-boot ipod and run like any other usb device on the ps3. Rockbox will show codec error and not function normally but will get ps3 into dev mode.
Last edited by shred1; 09-24-2010 at 11:27 PMReason: Automerged Doublepost