Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

I just ran a diff... It seems you only need to change the lines:
    Code:
    <  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x2F, 0x64, 0x65, 0x76, 0x5F, 0x78, 0x78, 0x78,
    <  0x78, 0x00, 0x6D, 0x6F, 0x64, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
    ---
    >  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x2F, 0x64, 0x65, 0x76, 0x5F, 0x62, 0x64, 0x76,
    >  0x64, 0x00, 0x6D, 0x6F, 0x64, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
    ...then apply the patch and recompile, amirite? I'm trying to build the get the arm-eabi gcc on my server so I can recompile, but rockboxdev.sh doesn't seem to like me. Time to lurk the Rockbox forums...

Banned User
    what i wanna know about those hacks is. do they have a future?

boards are hard to find actually. most stores who sells teensy++ and so on are empty. restock around mid oktober.

and those systems can be bought on ebay for 30€. so i'm interested if it is worth it to buy that mp3 player for 39€ and use this exploit. or wait for a psp/normal usb version.

(yeah i know everywhere is written that the psp port will be hard and eventually will never come, but comone guys be serious. if people get it working on iphone or ipod, why shouldnt it work on psp too? ^^)

greetings
    Warrorar

A question that I now have is whether, and how long it would take for some one with the skills needed to adapt this port to other devices in the iPod family, namely the first gen nano. The readme included in the download makes it sound very easy, but for some one with no skills at programming at all, very challenging. Hopefully, I will go to sleep, and the PSGroove fairy will leave a nice gift.

Would this be why I can't get this to work with a ipod Nana 2G? I can install Rockbox fine, but once I have replaced the needed file Rockbox no longer loads on the iPod and I just cant seem to get it to jailbreak my PS3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

is there a how to? i have a 2nd gen nano that i want to try this out on..

Quote Originally Posted by hakz View Post
    would it be possible to port to the sansa fuze? I wish I knew how to port it, looks like I will have to get my hands dirty. Where do I begin? I do have a programmers mind
    Waiting for the same. Can't figure how to patch it for fuze v1. That readme was way over my head

Okay ... here is where I am at. I can use backup manager to backup, but not load games. I have backed up GOW (all of them), WET, LBP, Prototype, Uncharted 2, Bioshock (both) and some others. Not one loads.

I get error 80028F14 when going to the */app_home/PS3_GAME/ folder. The disk loaded shows the one in the drive itself and not the game selected for loading from the backup manager. Can anyone assist to get this sorted out please?
    Last edited by OGroteKoning; 09-25-2010 at 03:52 PM

As it says in the OP, "Currently it is using the original psgroove payload, without any extra features."

Meaning it doesn't work with backups, yet.

Yeah I know it doesn't work ... Hence my request/question if there is anyone who can assist with the payload.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    and those systems can be bought on ebay for 30€. so i'm interested if it is worth it to buy that mp3 player for 39€ and use this exploit. or wait for a psp/normal usb version.
    There will never be a "normal" USB version. It may someday be possible to do this from a laptop or netbook running Linux, but in order to do so you would have to render all the USB ports on it inoperable by turning the USB controller into a slave. This is all assuming we can find a laptop/netbook that even has hardware compatible with making the USB ports into slaves. I'd think that would be a low priority when people are designing a laptop, given that you want the ports to actually work.

The same problem applies to any regular USB stick or hard drive, the hardware is simply incapable of doing the job.

(yeah i know everywhere is written that the psp port will be hard and eventually will never come, but comone guys be serious. if people get it working on iphone or ipod, why shouldnt it work on psp too? ^^)
    Porting it to the PSP is a different problem altogether - not only do we not have any documentation on the USB Controller for the PSP, and the chipset has limitations that most other devices do not. It'll get done *eventually* but it will take a lot of hard work AND luck.. the devs are mostly fumbling in the dark trying to code a PSP-PS3 jailbreak.

Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast