Thanks for the hermes files floPPsy.Sponsored Links
Can someone compile it for c200v1 (c240v1)? Thanks in advance!Sponsored Links
Right... but I'm looking for Hermes v4b payload. The PL3 it's too buggy for me and it crashes my PS3 a lot.
I'm still kicking myself for upgrading to 3.50. I had a feeling MP3 players could be used. (Made a post about it when Groove first came out.) But I just couldn't stay away from online gaming. LoL
I already have my Sansa hooked up, and I'm really hoping on a downgrader.
Okay guys and gals. My previous guide was to JB your PS3 with a iPod video 5g (or similar device) and was suitable for the previous generation payloads. It was fine for Hermes but seemingly, Hermes is not going to be active on the scene anymore. So I decided to write a simple guide to help with the PL3 and possibly the subsequesnt CEX (Cyberskunk, evilsperm, Xoeo) hybrid (which hopefully will surface soon - good luck guys).
This guide will again be based on the iPod video 5g so you will have to adapt for your own device
The first phase is to get RockBox on your device. I restored my iPod before taking on this new process - you don't have to. I just like to work from a clean slate.
1. Plug iPod into laptop.
2. Disable iTunes (if it pops up automatically)
3. Download RockBox from here rockbox.org/download/ and install (windows version attached)
4. Open RockBox
5. Do autodetect and click OK
6. Click on installation tab and install both options (bootloader and RockBox)
7. Exit RockBox on PC
The second phase is to get the RockBox-PSGroove Installer on your iPod. This is the easiest way to get the PL3 payload to JB your PS3 (it might be the only way)
8. Download RockBox-PSGroove Installer (latest version 2.1.1) attached. You will need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) if you don't have it installed on your PC altready. You can download here microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
9. Install both (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) should be installed first)
10. Run RockBox-PSGroove Installer and click on the settings tab
11. Click browse. Select your iPod location and click OK
12. Click 1 Click Installation and select any option
13. Click the 1 Click Install button and let the installer do it's magic
This will leave a basic setup on your iPod. We need to get the latest payload on the iPod so lets do the following
14. Click loader.cfg Editor tab
15. The following is already ticked: Apple OS; Disk Mode; Sleep (leave it ticked)
16. Tick the RockBox option
17. Tick any other option e.g. PL3-3.41
18. I typed the following into the edit box below the option you picked: PSGroove PL3 PSN Spoof @ (hd0,1)/PSGroove/PL3PSNS.ipod
This tells the bootloader that I want an option PSGroove PL3 PSN Spoof and that the payload will be named PL3PSNS.ipod in the PSGroove folder of the iPod
19. Click Create loader.cfg
20. You can exit RockBox-PSGroove Installer
The PSGroove folder on the iPod will be where you will copy all your payloads which you will want to use. If you are willing to experiment a bit, you can edit the loader.cfg yourself to add more than one payload depending on which payload you wish to use. This way you don't have to swop out rockbox.ipod files all the time. You must rename the payload file. I renamed it PL3PSNS.ipod (PL3=PL3 payload; PSN=PSN access; S=spoof). You can name it anything you want to but it must be the same as referred to in the loader.cfg file. See step 18.
21. Download the payload you wish to use (for the purpose of this exercise and to install the PL3 payload with PSN access and spoofing to 3.50, I used the one I got from a post by bitsbubba (thanks mate) and renamed it to PL3PSNS.ipod
22. Copy PL3PSNS.ipod to the PSGroove folder in the iPod
23. Eject your iPod
Now we get to the third phase where you get to JB your PS3
24. Plug in iPod into PS3 (I only have 2 USB ports - used left one)
25. Switch off PS3 at back (fat) or unplug (slim)
26. Restart your iPod. You will see the iPLoader with the following options
PSGroove PL3 PSN Spoof
26. Scroll to the PSGroove PL3 PSN Spoof option. Do not select it yet
27. Switch on PS3 at back (fat) or plug in (slim)
28. Select PSGroove PL3 PSN Spoof on the iPod and watch carefully
29. Power cycle PS3 the moment you see the progress bar on the iPod. This must be done before the progress bar reaches the end (ON in front of the PS3 and immediately press and hold EJECT)
30. WHALLAH!!! Job's done
Hope this helps