Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by samoansaiyan View Post
    floppsy help! your ipl load killed my ipod nano 1g. the computer won't even notice it when its plugged in..

I cant even switch it on I followed your exact instructions and now it wont even switch on. advise pls....
    My instructions?? I haven't ever posted any instructions for the iPod loader. I just post compiled binaries for people to use. Are you by any chance talking about the Rocbox installer that DanyL has created?

Hey floppsy, hate to ask a newbie question but will psgroove rockbox run on 3rd generation greyscale ipod? I have rockbox installed but no idea how to compile
    Last edited by bluc; 10-29-2010 at 08:07 PM

The 3G ipod isn't supported by psgroove. I have no idea if this is due to a hardware limitation or just not being ported to that device yet. It's probably because it's not ported to that device, but it's possible there's a reason it won't work on the 3G.

From what I read the main reason not all iPods are support is because the usb id cant be changed on all pods. Some have the id hard coded so its impossible to make the exploit work. Its the same reason the PSP can't be made to do it.

Ok thanks for the reply much appreciated. Will try and track down one of the supported devices cheers.

ok i'm a total noob but i been reading up on this for like 2 months now, i just got an 80 gig fat on fw 3.15 i plan on using my 80 gig 5th gen ipod video to jb and need some help and advice first, should i update to 3.41 for the best game compatability? or will it be the same on 3.15?

second i used an autoinstaller to put rockbox and psgroove on my ipod video5g (not the danyl1) but it only installs hermes v2, so can someone please give me easy step by step instructions to update to v4b. i also have ipl 2.6 , so if i install pl3 as well will it give me an option which 1 to use on the ipl menu?

or do i need to edit something?and how do i install pl3 with my ipod in the state its in now ?

oh almost forgot to ask what manager is best to use with hermes v4b and what manager is best for pl3? thanks
    Last edited by bostonoob1; 10-31-2010 at 01:46 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by fl0PPsy View Post
    My instructions?? I haven't ever posted any instructions for the iPod loader. I just post compiled binaries for people to use. Are you by any chance talking about the Rocbox installer that DanyL has created?
    sorry for being so blunt but I've finally got it working. just needed to hard reset the ipod. but works great. just need instructions/tutorial on back up manager, ftp and pl3 firmware 3.15. great work though floppsy and everyone here contributing.

cheers

Question everyone - I understand how to install rockbox and load one of the payloads, but I have a PS3 with fw 3.30. Can I use one of the compiles for 3.41 or 3.15, or do I need to update to 3.41?

Hi, i have mp3 sansa clip and when i intall in rockbox psgroove and i use for me ps3 i have problem i see in the screen on mp3 "Panic set interface" could you help ?

Banned User
    according to the rockbox site usb is still disabled for clips and vuze v2... maybe has something to do with it?

Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast