Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    bitsbubba is correct. Hermes V4b includes the fixes for pkg installs to work. Hermes V4 had some issues due to Hermes releasing the incorrect files. The Hermes V4b builds fix all those issues.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by fl0PPsy View Post
    bitsbubba is correct. Hermes V4b includes the fixes for pkg installs to work. Hermes V4 had some issues due to Hermes releasing the incorrect files. The Hermes V4b builds fix all those issues.
    Thanks fl0PPsy, by the way I never did get your PL3 3.41 video payload compile to work.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by bitsbubba View Post
    Thanks fl0PPsy, by the way I never did get your PL3 3.41 video payload compile to work.
    same thing here, we're not alone after all.

Quote Originally Posted by roragnarok View Post
    same thing here, we're not alone after all.
    I couldn't get yours to work either, your file was also smaller than fl0PPsy's

Yeah I'm not sure why it won't work for you, but the fact that you also couldn't get roragnarok's working is interesting. As I said the same file works fine for me and I've had others report that its working fine. did you try DanyL's PL3 build for the Video?

Yeah I'm not sure why it won't work for you, but the fact that you also couldn't get roragnarok's working is interesting. As I said the same file works fine for me and I've had others report that its working fine. did you try DanyL's PL3 build for the Video?
    I think that was one of the first that I tried, is there any advantages of PL3, I read that he didn't implement things Hermes had because he decided we didn't need them
    I think that was one of the first that I tried, is there any advantages of PL3, I read that he didn't implement things Hermes had because he decided we didn't need them
    yes I did, I got it right off DanyL's Sourceforge site.
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 10-22-2010 at 04:47 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well if you can work out what post you got the PL3 build from that would be good because if its definitely PL3 then I'll look into the "unknown usb device" message but at the moment I'm pretty sure you have the payloads mixed up.
    Hey fl0PPsy, sorry I do confirm that PL3 will show "unknown usb device" message. I only did not notice it, because it is quickly replaced by "press ps button" msg. So I did not catch that quick enough. Tonight I run again, and pay extra attention at the beginning, and I do see "unknown usb device" now.

And I further confirm that it is PL3 payload, because I just installed GAIA manager V1.0, and it shows "Disc less" for modes. (If it's Hermes payload it will show "Patch Mem" instead)

So far, I am confused about whether I should use PL3 or Hermes v4b... Which one have more advantage over the other?

Well at the moment they both pretty much have the same features so it doesn't matter which you use. I have both Hermes V4b and PL3 on my iPod at the moment. I've just mod'd the IPL menu so it has both to choose from for testing things.

I couldn't get yours to work either, your file was also smaller than fl0PPsy's
    Obviously it won't work for ipodvideo for some reason. So, no doubts about that the binary should be the same in both cases probably there isn't support for ipodvideo in the first place.

Well, probably he only programmed it for the ipodnano device, so PL3's main advantage is to be able to load stage1.bin and stage2.bin for AsbestOS network boot a Linux OS on the PS3. Other then that it seems there's been war between the ps3 hackers.
    Last edited by roragnarok; 10-22-2010 at 07:40 PM

I use both an Ipod Video5G and an Ipod Nano1G and both work fine with PL3.

Sponsored Links
Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News