Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jespatram25 View Post
    so then how do I execute this, how do I run the jailbreak please?
    -Put manager2.pkg or whatever on your iPod.
    -Plug in your iPod to the PS3 with Rockbox booted.
    -Turn off and pull the power cable from the PS3. (or use the switch on the back) (not even sure if this is necessary)
    -Put the power cable back in/switch it on. Then press the power button, and quickly press the eject disc button. (it will make 3 beeps)
    -Go to "Install Package Files"
    -????
    -PROFIT?!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jespatram25 View Post
    so then how do I execute this, how do I run the jailbreak please?
    Once you load up Rockbox after changing the rockbox.ipod file, either flick off the power switch (Phat), or unplug from power (Slim) on your PS3, then connect your iPod using a USB cable, now return power back to your PS3.

Now when you turn it on, have no USB devices other than your iPod connected. Press the Power button, then immediately press Eject. PSJailbreak will then load and you'll see the Install Package Files icon on the XMB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amekian View Post
    -Put manager2.pkg or whatever on your iPod.
    -Plug in your iPod to the PS3 with Rockbox booted.
    -Turn off and pull the power cable from the PS3. (or use the switch on the back) (not even sure if this is necessary)
    -Put the power cable back in/switch it on. Then press the power button, and quickly press the eject disc button. (it will make 3 beeps)
    -Go to "Install Package Files"
    -????
    -PROFIT?!
    Manager2 will NOT work because it uses Hermes payload. The source says that this uses the original PSGroove payload.

The original PSGroove did not have backup manager support (you could install it, but not play any backups). Is this why I can't get any backups to load?
    Last edited by spark32; 09-25-2010 at 03:39 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Works like a champ with my 5th gen ipod. However, since backups don't work, it's kinda useless right now. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by bl0wme View Post
    does hermes backup manager 2 nodisc work with this?
    I would say no. The developer says its with the original psgroove code. The new backup manager needs the newer hermes one?

opened the readme and it has some info about porting to other rockbox compatible hardware, but... I haven't a clue where to begin. Need to get it on my Sansa Vuze v1. btw why is the readme not in a specific file format (extension)?

Quote Originally Posted by ps3ex View Post
    1. Version (runs with old PSGroove)
    Patched Game-Dir to "dev_hdd0/GAMEZ"!!!...
    Can someone try this?

can we install the Ps3 ftp server with ipod 5gen?

@sicbud
    can you please post a link with a picture of your ipod?

I don't know how it looks like these 5th gen. of iphone. Thx

Homebrew is enabled, so yeah you should be able to (I haven't myself as I'm about to go to bed).

Hopefully overnight someone figures out how to get a different Payload working so we can play backups.

["but wait spark, overnight?!? that's impossible." well one day overnight, I woke up the next morning from to find the PS3 completely jailbroken overnight so don't give me this nonsense].

My brother stole my iPod video 5th gen, so all I have to work with right now is a iPod nano 2nd gen with a busted screen... Could I still get this working with a broken screen? The iPod still functions 100%.

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News