Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by spark32 View Post
    I have an iPod 5.5G Jailbroken (but not with RockBox). Does anyone have a link for a guide to install Rockbox on an iPod 5.5G?
    They have a handy auto install: [Register or Login to view links]

if it does ask for your version and there is no 5.5g, use 5g. worked for me.

Also, can anyone explain in detail how to do this? my 5.5g ipod is setup nicely with a boot loader, new classic firmware over the apple one, rockbox, and ipod linux. So I want to make sure what im doing is correct rather than re installing everything.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    does this support bum 2 so that you don't have to have a cd in drive?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It never asked for my version at all. I got it installed, now I'm getting it to find all my music (it's building the database apparently).

It never asked for my version at all. I got it installed, now I'm getting it to find all my music (it's building the database apparently).
    can take a while depending on how much you have... i installed rockbox a while ago... so not sure if anythings changed.

Does this work on older rockbox versions? or do i need to upgrade.

so we replace the rockbox.ipod... but what is the .patch file for?

Took 20 minutes for over 6000 items. Now I need to know how to install PSGroove onto it.

edit: Also, how do you boot back into normal ipod firmware?

emmm well i have a boot loader now... but try holding menu + select to make it restart.. when the apple logo comes up switch hold on to go to apple, hold off to rockbox...

Right got it. Now I can use the apple firmware for daily use, and the RockBox for PSJailbreak.

I want to give you +Rep but I don't know how (mods can you give some of my rep to this guy cause he's helped me alot so far).

Now all we need is an actual guide, or tutorial on how to use, and install PSGroove on Rockbox.

Don't bother, i've only logged in so i can ask a few questions, not an active member at all.
    Now all we need is an actual guide, or tutorial on how to use, and install PSGroove on Rockbox.
    You have a ps3 on 3.41 handy to test on? I was going to test this later tonight on my friends ps3... because mine is updated to 3.50

as stated before... Plug in ipod... go into my computer and browse to ipod/.rockbox/rockbox.ipod and replace it with the modified rockbox.ipod which is attached to the first post...

turn off ipod...
    Hard power cycle your PS3 (using the switch in back, or unplug it (if slim))
    power on ipod (into rockbox) whilst plugged into your PS3 via usb.
    Press the PS3 power button, followed quickly by the eject button.
    Ipod should do something...
    Then hopefully you can see the new "Install Package Files" menu option in the game menu.

I have not tested this myself... but this is what i'll be doing later?

Here is the included readme:
    This is a patch for rockbox which replaces usb functionality with that of psgroove.

Currently it is only functional on PP502x targets, and has only been tested on a 5th generation ipod video.

Additionally, the descriptors/payload is the vanilla psgroove data at the moment. I hope to eventually port Aaron's changes to build descriptors at compile time... or someone else can do this change and commit it.

"Porting" to other rockbox-supported devices:

Take note of which files contain target-specific changes (for pp502x):

File | Notes for porting

firmware\export\config.h | Ensure no other usb drivers will be compiled in
    firmware\export\config\ipodvideo.h | Same as above, but for your target's header
    firmware\target\arm\usb-drv-arc.c | Target's usb driver must support:
    | usb_drv_recv_blocking()
    | 8 byte packet size
    | *probably* needs to support full speed instead
    | of high speed usb spec
    firmware\usbstack\psgroove.c | Endpoint_ResetDataToggle() must be ported to
    | your target

For the not-so-smart users, the rockbox patch is compiled directly into the OS, there is no rockbox plugin. The file listed includes a pre-compiled patched version of rockbox, though I don't know what target (iPod version) it's built for.

For those in the know, I've tried compiling a new version using Hermes' payload, but no luck.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News