Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    typical. Oh well, its 36quid for a nano 1g on ebay so might invest. I dont want an ipod really, it would be soley for jailbreaking, apple can shove there products.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So it won't work with a fuze then... Would like to know why not? It's got rockbox.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey all, is there a port with Hermes no disc support for the Nano 1G? I have a ps3 with a dead bluray and worl love to bring it back to life. :-)

I just successfully compiled rockbox-3.6 (last stable release) with the "Hermes-Payload" (no disc needed) and it works just fine. Unfortunately the original source code patch doesn't work with version 3.6.

I attached the patches you need to compile rockbox-3.6 with the original PSGroove, PSGroove with BackupManager and PSGroove with Hermes Payload. I only tested the hermes patch, but the other 2 are just a few different bytes, should work just fine. You can get the source code for version 3.6 here: [Register or Login to view links]

If you have an iPod Video 60/80GB, there is an already compiled version with hermes payload in the attachment.
    Just follow the instructions from OGroteKoning to get the version on your iPod.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dude, if i manage to compile this for the g1, will it enable the no disc support? i have seen a few around which only have half the hermes payload working and they all seem the not incude the no disc support.
    Last edited by radeonorama; 09-26-2010 at 04:49 PM

Actually there's two elements needed for this particular Jailbreak:

1) RockBox support.
    2) Hardware - a USB Controller that allows you to modify its USB addressing in the correct way to run the Jailbreak. This is why *every* USB device is not capable of doing a Jailbreak.

Fuze v1 is incompatible because it doesn't meet the second requirement.

Fuze v2, however, should be compatible, but I haven't seen the patch for that yet.

Hi guys, I have an Ipod 5G but I have an issue with all the version patched that I found, when I load a game from the BM (first version) it turns in the XMB, the game appears in the disc icon but when I click for run the game it freeze and I must shutdown the PS3 from the electric current for restart it again.

This happens with Tekken 6 and Assassin's Creed II, both of them are compatible with PSGroove so I don't really know what to do :'(

i have an sansa e280v2 with rockbox, will the compiled psgroove version of sansa e200v1 work with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Vegan View Post
    2) Hardware - a USB Controller that allows you to modify its USB addressing in the correct way to run the Jailbreak. This is why *every* USB device is not capable of doing a Jailbreak.

Fuze v1 is incompatible because it doesn't meet the second requirement.
    I fail to see how the fuze v1 lacks the second requirement. If you got any info to show support of what you are saying then I would love to see it.

Being that in the normal fuze firmware you are able to set the USB to different modes for different functionality proves that the USB is capable of being controlled via software and is likely able to have the jailbreak port work with it.

Quote Originally Posted by radeonorama View Post
    Dude, if i manage to compile this for the g1, will it enable the no disc support? i have seen a few around which only have half the hermes payload working and they all seem the not incude the no disc support.
    iPod 1st gen? When you already have a version which gets the PS3 into debug mode, it should definitely work. Every iPod supported by Rockbox should work without problems.

When you use the VMWare Image Rockbox offers, compilation shouldn't be very difficult.

Sponsored Links
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News