Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a 5G ipod but got a few questions regarding it. Will all the music remain on my Ipod when I install rockbox and Can I remove it later when not needed while the stuff on ipod remains like it was?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by relicxth View Post
    I have a 5G ipod but got a few questions regarding it. Will all the music remain on my Ipod when I install rockbox and Can I remove it later when not needed while the stuff on ipod remains like it was?
    When I installed rockbox on my (useless) fuze v1, my music was still there but not accessible through rockbox as it wasn't put there through it. The old folders were left there with a marking on them I guess to show that they were old. I can boot into the old firmware by just holding down a button during startup and play those old songs. ipod might be different.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey everyone, i need some help, i installed everything on my ipod 4g (Grayscale), got rockbox running on it, then replaced the original ‘rockbox.ipod’ file with the psgroove ported one, and when i turn the ipod on i get this:

Rockbox boot loader
    Version: 4.0
    Ipod version: 0x000B0005
    Toshiba MK3008GAL
    partition 1: 0x0B 58444469 sectors
    Loading Rockbox…
    length: 110F06
    Checksum: A20200A
    Model name: (it has two tine square made of dots)
    loading rockbox.ipod
    Sum: 5F55034
    Error!
    Can’t load rockbox.ipod
    Bad Checksum
    Insert USB cable, or
    hold MENU+SELECT to reboot
    then SELECT+PLAY for disk mode

Please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by relicxth View Post
    yep, your music remains when you install rockbox. the original apple ipod os also remains on the ipod and isn't removed, you can dual boot between the two by doing a hard reset (menu+select) and turning the hold switch to on when the apple logo appears.

I've got a Sansa e260 v1 and installed Rockbox, then I used jespatram25 PSGroove-Sansae200-BM.zip

I overwrite the rockbox folder on my sansa and voila. It works with backup manager v1 (perfect)

Just need a new payload for backup manager v2 now (so I can get rid of the disc been in the drive all the time)

+1 Rep Given THANKS jespatram25

I hope someone figures this out for the Sansa Fuze v1. I don't see any reason why this would not work with it if compiled correctly. Unfortunately I am having troubles trying to find the source code through rockbox.org

Quote Originally Posted by smotheredhope View Post
    Man I got really excited when I learned about this port. I am jalibreaking now with a HTC touch pro 2 running windows mobile dual booting into andriod. It takes anywhere from 2 - 10 tries to get it to work without a unknown usb. Then I looked up my ipod to see if it was compatible but alas its a 6g 80GB so it doesn't work with rockbox. Oh well my next phone is definatly an droid.
    Once you have the Jailbreak app or w/e it is on your android up and running, let it sit for a minute.

For my iPod, I had a problem of it never working because as soon as it "looked" ready, I hit power + eject and it wouldnt work. When I let it sit for a little bit, then press power + eject, it would boot into Jailbreak mode.

does this work on a ipod nano 4th generation (4g) and can you still boot up the apple firmware by doing a hard reset etc...

if so how?

why my ipod nano 2g says error! can't load rockbox.ipod??? it's possible to solve this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Colnechris View Post
    does this work on a ipod nano 4th generation (4g) and can you still boot up the apple firmware by doing a hard reset etc...
    iPod Nano 4G is not compatible. There is no rockbox driver for it.

Sponsored Links
Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News