Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

I was wondering if it's possible to backup to external HD and play it on a different PS3. Reason being, my fat ps3 bluray died several months ago and I bought a slim. However, I still have the fat console and I was wondering if I could backup from the slim and play on the fat.

Come to think of it though, perhaps it's not safe to even do the backups on the slim, maybe they could detect the jailbreak files and ban the console..

Quote Originally Posted by Colnechris View Post
    Is it beyond the realms of possibility that song didn't have some involvement in this hacks release?

I mean they desperately want to sell consoles right
    Wrong. Since the beginnig of selling PS3 they had to subsidy hardware, IIRC with beginning of the slim version they are somewhat break eaven. The money comes from software business. That is why they try hard to prevent homebrew with full hardware access (and backups of course) - think of the forbidden RSX access from linux-side in the old days were OtherOS was 'allowed', and the immediate firmware update when an exploit was found to access RSX.

Quote Originally Posted by baronac View Post
    I was wondering if it's possible to backup to external HD and play it on a different PS3. Reason being, my fat ps3 bluray died several months ago and I bought a slim. However, I still have the fat console and I was wondering if I could backup from the slim and play on the fat.

Come to think of it though, perhaps it's not safe to even do the backups on the slim, maybe they could detect the jailbreak files and ban the console..
    No at the moment there has to be a real blu-ray game in the drive for the backups to work. So if you blu-ray drive isn't working you can't load backups from the hdd. There probably will be a solution for that though in the future, just like the PSP. The first PSP iso loaders had to have a UMD in the drive too. So don't give up on your old PS3 just yet, it probably will have plenty of use when the homebrew scene is really started.

I know this would be pure speculation at this point but how likely is it that in the near future we will have a permanent jailbreak where we don't need to use a dongle every time ?

Hey guys. The TI-84 SE edition should be coming out either today or tomorrow so keep your heads up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybarker View Post
    I have a mytouch 3g slide and I have it rooted, modded running with 2.2 froyo. I am big into modding my phone so I was waiting for this port to come to android. My question is can it be any android phone or just the nexus one? Its all the same OS but I know the nexus one has a faster processor so idk if that made a difference. I am also running Cyanogen Mod 6 too.
    well i have my winmobile htc hd2 also on android froyo but i couldn't find any infos on a working port for that.. think we'll still have to wait..

yeah hopefully for android phones we don't need specific phones just one general release that works on most if not all.

Hi all,

Hope someone here can help me. After this news has spread it is impossible to get the kits here in Denmark.

The only kit I have found, looks almost the same but does anyone know if it works?

It it this one: http://dk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=6961667

Instead of an ATMega 168, it got an ATMega 328 (should be the same just better or??)

It would be nice if this one works, because it is the only one I can get within a month :-)

as of now, is there anything apart from the backup manager we can load? Someone who's created some kind of homebrew we can test run?

I'm still having a issue with the teensy mega32U4. I can't get it to read the teensy. Any help?

Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast