Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    What do you mean, all exploit files/logs etc will be on the PSJB HDD the other PSN Clean one will not have any logs. ???
    Joffe stated it best here. If the PS3 does log certain info, that may be how Sony would be able to find out. No one is really sure yet how this can be backtraced, pun intended. We will have to rely on what happens in the next few days and listening to reliable peoples info of what they did to not get banned once the actual first wave happens. Problem is that there are so many unreliable people that will make shit up.
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    I guess this should work (hopefully can test that next week). But earlier models (CECHG and older) do have 256MB flash (16MB bootloader, 240MB OS-Filesystem) while later models have only 16MB flash for the bootloader, the OS-Filesystem is stored on internal HD. Whenever the log is stored inside this OS-Filesystem (e.g. once on shutdown) the newer models would swap that also away but older models were out of luck here. Maybe one of the devs can answer that.

That's the best way but be a bit inconvenient if we once can use our PS3's as a full fledged homebrew media (vdr-client, XBMC, MAME etc.) and gaming center. Second hand price will rise and keeping two boxes is a waste of space and an annoying permanent re-connecting of BT controllers. Hopefully xcellerator's stealth technique for backup managers and homebrews will work so HD swapping is not (but still remove PSJB stick and unplug ethernet cable will remain) necessary.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm not seeing how JBing is practical yet I have been able trigger the exploit about 1 time out of 100 tries is it just me ? Is everyone getting this working on every boot up ? Because I have watched videos of people triggering the exploit and I'm pressing the buttons just as they were without much luck

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok. So i got my AVR-USB-162 today from Finland to Sweden in 2 Normal days. Thats wicked.

Now i used the new hex file from here with led support and it works like a charm. Its a awesome feeling just see that it works so good, and it was easy too.

I had some questions about PSN thou but i just realized that i don't really care much about ban. I haven't played a single game online on it and i've had quite a few games during the time.

BUT if i delete the Manager when i connect to PSN to get demos or such, will they still know that i have/had a PSJailbreak "clone" in it? How much does it log?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is it beyond the realms of possibility that song didn't have some involvement in this hacks release?

I mean they desperately want to sell consoles right, well what better way than to suddenly have a hack that opens the console up to a whole new world of possibilities released just before the insane crimbo rush?

just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by R3b0rn View Post
    I had some questions about PSN thou but i just realized that i don't really care much about ban. I haven't played a single game online on it and i've had quite a few games during the time.

BUT if i delete the Manager when i connect to PSN to get demos or such, will they still know that i have/had a PSJailbreak "clone" in it? How much does it log?
    No one knows for sure yet. That type of info will come in due time. But it is a general thought that if you keep 2 internal hard drives, one for backups, and then a clean one for whenever you just happen to want to connect online for whatever you reason you may want to in the future.

When you use your backup hard drive, just disconnect the ethernet cable.

But there is a possibility that it may not matter what you try to do if you got a fat model.

Can I Use the Android Port on Mytouch 3G Slide

I have a mytouch 3g slide and I have it rooted, modded running with 2.2 froyo. I am big into modding my phone so I was waiting for this port to come to android. My question is can it be any android phone or just the nexus one? Its all the same OS but I know the nexus one has a faster processor so idk if that made a difference. I am also running Cyanogen Mod 6 too.
    Last edited by bobbybarker; 09-06-2010 at 11:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFoez View Post
    No one knows for sure yet. That type of info will come in due time. But it is a general thought that if you keep 2 internal hard drives, one for backups, and then a clean one for whenever you just happen to want to connect online for whatever you reason you may want to in the future.

When you use your backup hard drive, just disconnect the ethernet cable.

But there is a possibility that it may not matter what you try to do if you got a fat model.
    Yeah, i got my 360 banned on the halo 3 rls day. But i knew the riscs. But the thing is that i dont use my PS3 as a online game machine... more like a Media Center ...

Yeah, im using an external only for the time being. Just tried Sega Rally from my friends disc and backed it up on my drive, then inserted Tony Hawks disc and booted Sega Rally.

Works.

hopefully my ps3 comes back from sony before the next firmware comes out.

i'm going to buy a new one before they start releasin them with a fix.

i want one for online one for offline.

You will still get banned because it will be in the logs that you have used the PS Jailbreak and loaded up Back Up Manager (it will know this by the game ids LAUN 12345) but you might avoid the ban if you used a stealthed one (it has a game id of a PSN demo) but it is still unknown whether you will get banned or not so you'd be better off just not going online at all.

Sponsored Links

Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News