Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just got my Teensy 2.0 ++ in the mail this morning. Got it flashed, got the backup manager installed, and started ripping Armored Core 4 to the internal drive to see if I notice any difference in loading speed and the like.

The backup process is slow, and the percentage complete indicator isn't very accurate at all -- it has been on 83% for at least 15 minutes now, but it continues to copy different files so it doesn't seem to be stuck. Hopefully speed (or at least accuracy of feedback) will be improved in the future.

It would also be great if someone could figure out how to have an estimate of the harddrive space that will be used by a given game available before you start ripping, so you don't try to rip a game that's going to take 16GB on to a drive with only 8GB remaining and have to start all over, say.

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    Hey here's an update guys. The bans have started.

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...rror-8002a227/

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi! I wonder if we could start porting it to attiny or other chips with software USB. For example one could use V-USB: [Register or Login to view links] and do the trick.

And this board is way cheaper: [Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by emsi; 09-05-2010 at 02:04 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, it is a very slow process as others have reported. If you have the time and necessary hardware, please try ripping to and loading from an external drive. Get back to us on the results because no one else in regards to the Teensy++2.0 has yet to.

Quote Originally Posted by Koneesha View Post
    Hey here's an update guys. The bans have started.
    Please quit reporting this. It's more than likely a fake.

1.) it's dated Aug 29th -- we would have seen more since then
    2.) "consoleSuspended" -- it would be "Console Suspended"
    3.) it's more than likely someone tried to make an account with that name

Yea it is a fake. But if it was real I just wanted to make sure that everyone would know.

Hey just wanting to know if I have my ps3 using backup manager and not online can I be banned from Sony?

This probably wont work, but what I have read it use one internal hard drive for your backed up games, and one for when you decide to play online. When you want to play online then never insert your jailbreak dongle. When you want to play your backups, then unplug your ethernet cable. I highly doubt that will prevent a way of detection from logs on internal flash memory. But it's worth the shot if you want to take the risk.

I personally say get a separate PS3 for backups and then you'll never have to worry about getting banned.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFoez View Post
    This probably wont work, but what I have read it use one internal hard drive for your backed up games, and one for when you decide to play online. When you want to play online then never insert your jailbreak dongle. When you want to play your backups, then unplug your ethernet cable. I highly doubt that will prevent a way of detection from logs on internal flash memory. But it's worth the shot if you want to take the risk.

I personally say get a separate PS3 for backups and then you'll never have to worry about getting banned.
    Elsewhere someone brought up creating our own network like XLink Kai which was created for a mod'ed Xbox. Dunno what that would take to get started, though.

So now that more and more of us are getting the teensy-boards etc, when can we expect to see the homebrew scene grow? ( this is the real purpose of PSgroove)

Will the homebrew install-procedure be the same as the backup manager, or is there something else we need to do before we can put our favorite emulators on the console?

Sponsored Links

Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News