Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by B1oH4z View Post
    either the teensy 1.0 if you use a 16MHz clock
    or the olimex 162 one if you use a 8MHz clock
    In the schematics which I've seen on the net they use 12MHz quartz!

So, you mean that I should use either 16MHz or 8Mhz quartz instead ??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok we need some clarification on some things:

We know for a fact that many chips work with this like the AVR-USB-192, Teensy boards and AT90USBKEY and lots more...

The thing is that its getting mixed reviews, i mean one part of ppl (Usually the ones with teensy) cant put the backups on the internal drive.

While others (Usually with the AT90USBKEY and AVR-USB-192 ) Claim that everything works like a clock, and they can transfer games to the internal harddrive...

There is circulating some rumors too that it sometimes depends on what flashtool u use (Like WinAVR or FLIP)

Which is it? Do we have any confirmation on what really works or not? Or is it a "Maybe" with everything?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonman View Post
    In the schematics which I've seen on the net they use 12MHz quartz!

So, you mean that I should use either 16MHz or 8Mhz quartz instead ??
    The most important part is to set put in the correct value when compiling the code. So , if you have a 12MHz, then you put "12 000 000", if you have 16MHz you put "16 000 000" etc.

However, your 1st choice should be 16MHz, then 8 and only if you cant find either one, then go with 12MHz. Its custom for simple usb devices to have a 16MHz oscilator.

Registered User markusparkus001's Avatar
    so if i get one of these chips, flash it with "patched psgroove" will i be able to backup games and play from external??

Many thanks in advance

mark

Video : OpenKubuk in action

I have attached a newer blackcatusb-fixed-leds hex for flashing and the manager pkg.

This hex is recompiled with working leds, the blue led now lights up once exploit is running blue led turns off "basically lets you know you did everything right"

Also thanks evilsperm for your well written instructions I have included these with the zip.

Thank You!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ainsy69 View Post
    I have the AVR-USB-STK, and I have flashed it with your 8mhz HEX file and the LED fix HEX, I can get onto the backup manager and rip the games but when I attempt to play them i just get a blank screen, any idea what im doing wrong? I have checked the compatibility database and the games ive ripped definitely work, any help appreciated, thanks
    You probably are using the unpatched PSGroove. Try it with this one http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=21129
    Quote Originally Posted by markusparkus001 View Post
    so if i get one of these chips, flash it with "patched psgroove" will i be able to backup games and play from external??
    Yes, but you really should read thru all 59 pages here and probably a couple other forums to get an understanding of what you are actually doing. There are a lot of consequences that you may not be aware of yet. Be warned if you jump the gun on this one.

Can anyone confirm that they are using a ATAVRXPLAIN board on there ps3?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogzz View Post
    Can anyone confirm that they are using a ATAVRXPLAIN board on there ps3?
    Reading is fundemental... You should try it sometime - you might learn something.

Against my better judgement - yes it works - it's been stated MANY times here and their are some very good guides showing exactly how to use it.
    Last edited by namdlo; 09-04-2010 at 09:50 AM

Thanks for the help, however I have read all 58 pages of this thread and keep constantly updated, yes there are guides but I wanted to double check someone here was using the ATAVRXPLAIN before I went out and purchased it naively, and I never gave much attention to the guides, I would imagine you simply put the Board into DFU then use the Atmel Programmer to load your HEX.

ITT: Ordered it now. 1 left in stock.

Sponsored Links

Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News