Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yeah, thats what i thought, well it's still good for spi flashing my sb6120, gotta find something else for the ps3...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Good day guys,

I have a couple of questions. One of the mail reasons I want to "jailbreak" my PS3 is to keep Linux functionality and play the latest games without having to update my firmware. The original PSJailbreak dongle boasted that this was possible. Is this possible using PSGroove?

Secondly, I'm planning to build the circuit board given on the first page of this thread. How do I program the chip? I kwow i should use WinAVR, but how do I connect the board to the PC? Can i do it via the USB, or should I use the ISP6 header?

Sorry if this was asked somewhere in all these pages. If so, feel free to point me to the page number.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What about this?: [Register or Login to view links]

It says its based on Atmel AT90USB162 microcontroller

Quote Originally Posted by B1oH4z View Post
    the only thing i can think of is that you forget to have a game (any game) in the ps3 when you try to run the backup its NOT the dongle that doesnt work. if you could install bm-manager it should work...
    The games I have tried are metal gear solid 4, red dead redemption, uncharted 2 singstar vol3 and they are backed up to the internal drive also it almost always says I'm about 40% backed up as soon as it begins the back up process.

These games are confirmed to work. I know it's a pain B10H4z but could you please write me some detailed instructions for the flashing of the avr-usb-stk and if possible could you do me a 8 and a 16 version hex

Also is there anyone with the avr-usb-stk that has it working not the avr-usb-162??

Thanks for any help I may receive.

Just wondering, any of you who ordered the teensy 2.0 ++, do you receive any email about the status of the item being shipped or place in back order etc...?

the 8MHz-version is the one i compiled for 16MHz use the Teensy 1.0 one both are found in the first post of this thread but only the 8MHz one will work with your board, because it has a 8 MHz-clock. you obviously managed to flash the chip because you got bm working.. remember to put any gamedisc into the ps3 to play backups. it doesnt work if the drive is empty
    Quote Originally Posted by luffyone View Post
    What about this?: [Register or Login to view links]

It says its based on Atmel AT90USB162 microcontroller
    it should work, the chip is directly connected to the usb-port, so it handles the usb by itself. clock is 16MHz, so the teensy 1.0-hex should work.. no guaranties though, sry.
    Last edited by B1oH4z; 09-03-2010 at 05:22 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah I always have a disk in back up manager won't load another game unless another game is in

Today morning i receive my olimex avr 162. Connected it to pc, flashed the hex that B1oH4z posted, copied the backup manager to a usb stick and installed it. Everything works perfect so far! Thanks B1oH4z !

great. please post if you can play backups, there seem to be problems...

though i dont think it has anything to do with the board. basically as soon as you can install the bm the work of the usb-dongle is done. any problems later are definetly not related to the board.

i can't even test it myself, still waiting for the freaking board

to those with problems: you have to boot the ps3 like you did when you installed the bm every time you want to play a backed up game. at least, as far as i know

all my backed up games work for me. except modern warfare2. But is there anyway for me to install title updates on the games?

Sponsored Links
Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News