Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Don't think so. isn't the U3 technology specifically for running windows apps of the usb? I have been trying to run code from them under other operating systems but without any progress...

Most stores are sold out of the current flash devices. You should keep trying, as new stock will be made available within a few days. Probably just have to get what the guide suggests and make the investment.

hi, i just got the OLIMEX AVR-USB-162 ,can you tell me the exact steps to make it work?? I'll be grateful,thx

One of last pieces of hardware left:

http://tom-itx.dyndns.org:81/~webpage/boards/USBTiny_Mkii/USBTiny_Mkii_index.php

Hurry and order before he sells out !

Since everyone is throwing their questions in the air, I think I might as well then

1) Its my understanding that in PSGroove, the ability to play proper PS3 Games is disabled, in order to prevent piracy .. If this is so then how is everyone here using PSGroove to play games ?

2) Also, now that PSGroove is here, is there any real advantage to get a proper retail solution such as PS3JailBreak ? I dont mind doing the initially flashing stuff etc if thats the only difference ..

So, everybody is probably fed up with the "will this work on this" but I'll try anyway. I Have read all posts, but I'm not so good at this usb programming stuff. I found this device in stock at a local store:

* KIT, EVAL, XPLAIN, FOR ATXMEGA128A1
    * Supported Families:AVR XMEGA A
    * Development Tool Type:Evaluation Kit
    * Supported Devices:ATxmega128A1, AT90USB1287
    * Tool / Board Application:Evaluation / Demonstration

and the documentation for it: http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc8203.pdf

It says it has the AT90USB1287 chip. It would be great if anyone with some knowledge of this stuff could answer me. I know its not the cheapest alternative but it is the only one that is in stock for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by archie7 View Post
    hi, i just got the OLIMEX AVR-USB-162 ,can you tell me the exact steps to make it work???I ll be grateful,thx
    use this hex: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=21142

get flip: http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=3886

follow the tutorial:

Device Firmware Upgrade

The first thing to do after you recived your AtMel USB Controller is to load the HEX file into the on-chip flash memory
    of the microcontroller. The "Flip" Software is the tool used to upgrade the firmware (available freely from the USB CD-ROM
    or Atmel Website).

The following steps should be completed to allow the device starting DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode and load the HEX file:

1. Install Flip software (Flip Version 3.0 or above is required).
    2. Push the RST (Reset) button.
    3. Connect the board to the PC using the USB Cable (Standard Ato Mini B)
    4. Push the HWB (Hardware Bootloader) button.
    5. Release the RST button.
    6. Release the HWB button.
    7. If your hardware conditions explained above are correct,a new deice detection wizard will be displayed if you are using Flip
    for the first time. Please follow the instructions (the INF file is located in the USB subdirectory from Flip installation:
    "install path:\ATMEL\FLIP\FLIPx.x.x\usb")

Now on your PC, the New Device Detection Wizard will open.

Select "Install from a specific location (Advanced)" and click on Next>
    Select "Search for the best drivers in this locations." and click on "Include this location in the search:". Now Browse to the path C:\Program Files\ATMEL\FLIP 2.4.2\usb and click on Next>

Now check your Device Manager. There must be a new icon with the description AT90USBxxx (where xxx is the number of your USB Controller). If it's not start the procedure again.
    Your Device is now in DFU Mode. Launch the programm Flip to proceed with the flashing process.

Click the chip-icon in the upper left corner and select your device from the up-poping list.
    Now click on the USB-Cable icon in the upper left corner to select the communication mode. Select "USB". In the up-poping window click on "Open" to open the communication port.
    Now click on "File" "Load HEX File..." and browse to your ready psgroove.hex file.
    Now Load the HEX File (in the Operations Flow Tab Check Erase,Program and Vertify,then Push Run button) A window will pop-up that shows the processes.
    After the processes are done click on the "Start Application" button in the right down corner.

The AT90USB bootloader will detach and jump into the user application when "Start Application" button is pressed.

Note: the tutorial was for the at90usbkey, but it should be more or less the same vor all the other chips
    sorry, but i dont remember who posted the tutorial, forgot to include the name when i copied it yesterday

ok on a blackcat 1.5 how to you reprogram the atmel chip, there isn't a reset button there is a pad there that rst but what do i connect it to?

Quote Originally Posted by tifozi1 View Post
    One of last pieces of hardware left:

http://tom-itx.dyndns.org:81/~webpage/boards/USBTiny_Mkii/USBTiny_Mkii_index.php

Hurry and order before he sells out !
    thanks a lot mate,

yesterday i bought a teensy++ but it should take a while until PJRC have stock again, so i bought one of those.

cheers

is that ok? http://www.eproo.de/index.php?module=artikel&action=artikel&id=16

Pls help me

Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast