Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the hex file for the olimex avr-usb-162 is here http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=21142

i used the version hat enables the backup manager

somebody asked out the settings:

MCU = at90usb162
    BOARD = TEENSY
    F_CPU = 8000000

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for figuring that out man. I got in on teensy too late so I was scrambling to find something else.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can you upload that hex file? I just ordered a Blackcat. What do you use to flash? WinAVR?

Exclamation

OK I have now removed the spam and junk posts (mostly useless PSP port % updates). Please do NOT post twitter updates here, if people want to follow them, they will do it via twitter (obviously) to get the latest scoop.

As things like PSJB ports/PS3 homebrew/etc are available, they will naturally be posted in the Site News and autocopied to the Forums for discussion like normal.

This is basically the way it has to be on PS3News.com so that the Staff can keep the site organized and updated, instead of spending hours daily sifting through hundreds of posts saying "jimbob is now 13.5% done with xyz app, only 3 months to go!!!" looking for what is newsworthy to post on.

As time permits we will also add an official FAQ Sticky here to reduce redundant newbie questions of course, and work is almost complete on a Compatibility Database as well so that people can begin to share their feedback in a centrally located and organized format.

nicely put boss, damn you trimmed at least 30 pages of junk, anyway like i told the people on the modem site i frequent tomorrow i will post a tut on how to get up and running with the device i'm using...

Sounds like a plan, what we will probably do as more tuts come out for various devices is move them to their own threads in the PS3 Guides/Tutorials section and link to them in a FAQ Sticky thread here for easy access.

Quote Originally Posted by luckluka View Post
    You forgot something important: USB-A to USB-A Cable
    Actually, because the PC is a USB HOST device, like the ps3, by using a USB A-A Cable, you would be connecting a Host to a Host. This is like connecting an input to an input. This, unfortunatly, wont work. The only way that a USB A-A cable would be useful, is if you had a USB SLAVE device that had a USB A slot on it.

PC USB HUBs cannot be switched to USB SLAVE mode without special hardware, or one mass load of extreemly low level code, at which point all USB devices would stop working and your HUB may break (I'm not saying it will, but its definitly not made for slave mode). As to serial/parallel port to USB, yeah sure that would work nicely, if you want to reprogram the USB protocol, which I'm sure many would not. So PC is not completly out of the question, but the only realistic way to do it is probably with a serial to USB cable, and even that's pretty hard.

This is why everyone is trying to port the code to the PSP, or TI-89/TI-84+, because they are already slave devices, so it shouldn't be too hard. So yeah, just no problem, but I really think that a straight USB cable from the PC is really, not possible. Feel free to prove me wrong though, I'd love a PC PSGroove emulator!

Ok guys, I've done a little bit of testing. Ive dl'ed a backup and tried running it using blackcat usb, when i try and run it, it states i dont have the correct eboot.bin. NOW, here is the cool part. When i subbed the eboot.bin file from the backup, with one I backed up, It loads it up.(To XMB) I get the animated screen and everything. When you try and play it, it just goes black. Sounds like backups CAN be patched somehow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by macanazo View Post
    Ok guys, I've done a little bit of testing. Ive dl'ed a backup and tried running it using blackcat usb, when i try and run it, it states i dont have the correct eboot.bin. NOW, here is the cool part. When i subbed the eboot.bin file from the backup, with one I backed up, It load it up. I get the animated screen and everything. When you try and play it, it just goes black. Sounds like backups CAN be patched somehow!!!!
    ? if you mean you wanna re-enable the backups being used, CJPC already did it (first post) or am i missing something here?

Lightbulb

Found this little baby...

Same insides as the AT90USBKey!!!

Order incoming from...

[Register or Login to view links]
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

untitled.bmp  

Sponsored Links
Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News