Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tjay17 View Post
    I thought it was the software (backup manager) that allowed you to backup games not the hardware (psjailbreak), or am I wrong?
    This is what I would like to know. Did they build PSGroove to deliberately block the backup manager software?

Well since this is open source I suppose someone will fix that pretty quick.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by NIrving View Post
    No you don't. Just click the download source button. Then you need to clean up the directories from lufa-lib to get in the correct structure. Will document shortly.
    It's actually done clicking on the "Download Source" button at the top right of each page!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Thanks to them for keeping it simple, this should do the trick (no HW to test it on, but)

Descriptor.h, look for this
    0x78, 0x78, 0x78,
    0x78
    it's on two lines, but look for 4 of them in a row (its xxxx)

Replace with:
    0x62, 0x64, 0x76,
    0x64
    (thats bdvd)

The only change from the original is removal of the mount point - that SHOULD work to enable backups, will test it once HW comes in a few days!
    wow that was amazingly fast! great work, hope it works we should know probably later tonight since im pretty sure people already have these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    The only change from the original is removal of the mount point - that SHOULD work to enable backups, will test it once HW comes in a few days!
    Haha guess I was right, nice work CJPC.

My Teensy is in the mail, can't wait!

Anyone have an idea on how challenging a PSP port will be?

Quote Originally Posted by NIrving View Post
    No you don't. Just click the download source button. Then you need to clean up the directories from lufa-lib to get in the correct structure. Will document shortly.
    This assumes that you have downloaded zip files and on windows.

1. Extract psgroove-psgroove-xxxxxxxxx.zip to c:\temp\psgroove\
    2. Extract psgroove-lufa-lib-xxxxxxxxx.zip to c:\temp\psgroove\psgroove-psgroove-xxxxxxxxx\
    3. Delete c:\temp\psgroove\psgroove-psgroove-xxxxxxxxx\lufa-lib\
    4. Rename c:\temp\psgroove\psgroove-psgroove-xxxxxxxxx\psgroove-lufa-lib-ee1d7fc to c:\temp\psgroove\psgroove-psgroove-xxxxxxxxx\lufa-lib\
    5. ????
    6. Profit

Banned User
    The hackers are total lamers these days. They hack a hack to play backups but remove the ability to play backups? Are they totally retarded or what? Where are all the GOOD hackers like Dark_Alex who releases hacks in their fullness?

If you're going to release a hack at least have it complete.

I'm not going to stuff around with all this. I'm gonna pay the $180 and get a PSJ. At least it will do what it's suppose to do from day one.

Lightbulb

Jes03 if you check a few posts up HERE, you will see CJPC explained how to patch this to work exactly like the original PS JailBreak... however, he added a "patched" version HERE to the first post/site news for those who don't wish to do it themselves.

Thumbs Up

Good job guys sales of these USB boards have apparently reached hyper levels and going from a simple google search for those particular boards little resellers have exhausted their supplies
    Inventory Status: In Stock, Low
    Last physical count: Aug 31, 2010

Update, Tuesday, Aug 31, 5:41 PM: We have received a higher than usual volume of orders for this item, and we're working to ship orders as quickly as possible. Current wait time is approximately 2 days. As of Tuesday 5:41PM these boards ARE IN STOCK. We have enough inventory to fill all pending orders! If we do run out due to high demand, we expect to have more available in approximately 2 weeks, and we will fill any backorders in the order they were received. If you want one of these boards, your best bet is to place an order now. Please understand PJRC is a small company and we are currently running about 2 days to fill orders, though we're hoping to fully catch up soon!
    Gets yours today before they start to jack up prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    The hackers are total lamers these days. They hack a hack to play backups but remove the ability to play backups? Are they totally retarded or what? Where are all the GOOD hackers like Dark_Alex who releases hacks in their fullness?

If you're going to release a hack at least have it complete.

I'm not going to stuff around with all this. I'm gonna pay the $180 and get a PSJ. At least it will do what it's suppose to do from day one.
    I understand what you're saying but adding back the implementation of playing backups will be here soon enough!

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News