Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Hi,

I bought from sparkfun the AT90usb162 from olimex but it doesnt seem to be working.

I tried everything ps3 updated to 3.41 with flip programmed, inserted in ps3, ps3 off then power on and eject.. nothing.

i don't know what i'm doing wrong or the board is incompatible. If anyone has tried the board AT90usb162 (olimex) and got it working please inform me.

thnx

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho417 View Post
    So it seems using a computer to emulate the dongle through a USB cable is completely out, since the pc's usb port can't really work well as a slave device. So I have to ask... what about a serial port? Could a program be made that uses a serial-USB cable to accomplish this?
    Not that its a bad idea, I just can't see anyone going to the trouble at this point.

I can see the hierarchy of release functionality and speed going in this order:
    1. Teensy/AT90USBKEY
    2. PSP
    3. Android/Iphone (if ever)

With Teensy getting the updates first.

I cant see anyone going to any trouble over creating a serial port solution.

Damn they sold out quick! The only place i can get it from in the UK is Farnell and they awaiting delivery, anyone know any retailer in UK that are in stock?

Well, I was just thinking that since the dev boards seem to be sold out pretty much everywhere and everyone reading this has a computer already, it was worth asking. Even if you have a new PC or laptop without a serial port, you can get a pci or laptop addon card.

I'm just grasping at straws since I was too slow to get a board and too poor to have a psp, android, or iphone lol

Hello,

I've read the news and saved that schematics with Atmega164PA chip. It is not a huge problem for me to put together that circuit, but I however have one question at that point. There are a few different versions of that Atmega164PA chips on the market (classic PIC - simple to solder, SMD, BGA, etc...), all of those should probably work the same?

Secondly, how do I flash that chip? Do I have to flash it in separate programmer before I solder it into the circuit, or should I just put together that circuit and then connect it via USB cable to PC (same as TEENSY or AT90USBKEY) and flash it using some special software?

I found that circuit on many pages but there's no real description how-to "flash" the .hex binary PSGroove to that Atmega164PA chip, so any kind of help would be highly appreciated...

Thank you in advance for your answer, Tomaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho417 View Post
    Well, I was just thinking that since the dev boards seem to be sold out pretty much everywhere and everyone reading this has a computer already, it was worth asking. Even if you have a new PC or laptop without a serial port, you can get a pci or laptop addon card.

I'm just grasping at straws since I was too slow to get a board and too poor to have a psp, android, or iphone lol
    I understand the frustration, believe me. Personally, if I was you I'd just go for a teensy board. The orders are backed up til about mid september and by that point the software will have come on leaps and bounds.

Chances are that I'm not gonna get mine til october but when you get your order in it feels a lot better. I know I'm getting it and like you I too don't have a PSP. The irony was that I sold it to buy a 2nd PS3 for Jailbreak.

My advice would be to get your order in ASAP and then just watch it play out safe in the knowledge that in about 2 weeks time there will be a far superior hex/software floating about for you to flash.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin05 View Post
    I bought from sparkfun the AT90usb162 from olimex but it doesnt seem to be working.

I tried everything ps3 updated to 3.41 with flip programmed, inserted in ps3, ps3 off then power on and eject.. nothing.

i don't know what i'm doing wrong or the board is incompatible. If anyone has tried the board AT90usb162 (olimex) and got it working please inform me.
    did you use the right psgroove.hex? it should be the one for teensy 1.0, as they have the same chip.

Hi guys ! Is this compatible with the exploit ?! http://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy.html I've already buy it !! O_o

Thumbs Up This should work

Quote Originally Posted by aamir007 View Post
    Damn they sold out quick! The only place i can get it from in the UK is Farnell and they awaiting delivery, anyone know any retailer in UK that are in stock?
    I have ordered mine from here: http://www.modtraders.co.uk/teensy-usb.html

There expecting new stock come the 10th. Also there based in the UK so quids in

@B10H4z

I tried the teensy and the at90usbfiles but nothing. I have been trying for the last 3hrs.. nothing.

I don't know why i always have bad luck!!!

Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast