Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSGroove Modified for PS3 Backups Without a Disc in the Drive!

Sponsored Links
    Today Spanish PS3 developer Hermes at Elotrolado.net (linked above) has shared a modified payload version of PSGroove, which allows users to run PS3 backups without requiring a disc in the PlayStation 3 drive.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote, roughly translated: Taking advantage that I have my AT90USBKEY, I used the disassembly of the payload (made by me), the descriptions in ps3wiki.lan.st and part of AerialX source, with the following objective:

1) Have a damn once the source of the exploit, with amendments, etc, enough is enough for us to pass an array and pulling miles.

2) I used to make some changes, with a very interesting result.

The first thing to tell, is that the payload is loaded into a memory area (700 000) and ends up turning part of your code into an area that is too full. Just add four things we can and in fact, for my change I had to relocate a table with patches (do not think you are having problems in the position you are).

The second is that I managed to enable loading of backups with the amendment introduced AerialX by his side, in order to launch applications from a flash drive (HDD) attached on / dev_usb000 (of the four ports, which is more to the right, in my case). My directly AerialX code did not work and removed much of what makes this load backups.

The fact is that you can put in root folder PS3_GAME with the appropriate structure (see the readme.txt of the package) to launch a EBOOT.BIN selecting the menu "/ app_home/PS3_GAME"

But it is not here: thinking that this could throw the EBOOT.BIN of a game, I thought about making a communication, so that by granting syscall36 (or directly, as I saw it), could "see" the game to launch in "/ apps_home/PS3_GAME" when no disc.

Surprisingly, it works. I do not know if there are games that are problems or not, but I've tried, they all without having to have the disc.

The problem is that the original manager asks you to drive before launching game balls, but the manager does not have to do anything that can run games, except set the path of the game by syscall 36.

In doing so, memory is allocated to a pointer, which is what I use to switch between "/ apps_home/PS3_GAME" to launch an application without installing the console (same in development) or redirect the game to run.

This is a string of code development and here I'll upload the full psgroove with lufalib and my modifications, the source of the payload is ready to compile. If you are a using a PIC, you just have to change the payload (replacing the array of payload. H that is generated when compiling and also provide) and have no space problems, or anything else, because it takes what same

Short Summary

If you have not understood a word, this is a thread of development which is offered as a heading, the code that makes the "magic" disassembled and modified to provide a way to run homebrew without installing the console and on the other hand, load your backups using that trick, they do not need a disc in (the bad is that it requires a new manager or patch the old hard not to ask to leave).

PSGroove Modified for PS3 Backups Without a Disc in the Drive!

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for submitting this tjay17 and +Rep, and props to the other 20+ who submitted the same news... sadly, we can only use one submission.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Someone please compile a hex for the Maximus AVR USB

I now plan to purchase an old PS3 with a dead bluray drive.

Edit: This was in the included readme (better translation)
    psgroove modified by Hermes

This code is the result to disassemble port1_config_descriptor and to get some things from AerialX code

It have some features news:

- You can launch an EBOOT.BIN (unencrypted) from /dev_usb000 using the menu option "/app_home/PS3_GAME".
    You must copy in the root folder of the USB device a PS3_GAME folder with the next content

PS3GAME
    |------- USRDIR ---->EBOOT.BIN
    |------- ICON0.PNG
    |------- PARAM.SFO

- You can also launch backups using a manager. The original manager needs a Bluray disc to exit and run games, but i have added a new feature to create a shortcut between "/app_home/PS3_GAME" and /dev_bdvd. So, it is possible to launch games without a bluray disc in the tray, using this path (but you needs other manager or you needs eject the disc after leaving the original manager).

I have tested some games, as Uncharted 2, Heavently Sword and others, mounting it directly (in payload the code) and it works without any disc

Aditional notes:

Te syscall 36 is used to indicate the game path and it is used to create the shortcut detecting a pointer in the payload . I have relocated "memory_patch_table" because the dedicated area is full and it hang if you copy more code.

To compile the PPU code you needs the compilers created by the ps3toolchain and fix the path in PS3_COMPILERS from Makefile.payload. You needs also the AVR compilers (i use an AT90USBKEY) and maybe gcc compiler (for raw2payload utility in others system)

If you are using a PIC or other method, use port1_config_descriptor.h to replace the same thing.
    Last edited by spark32; 09-21-2010 at 09:33 PM

I have compiled hermes code for PIC boards. Here you go and enjoy. This hex is for PIC18f2550/4550 , 16MHz, LVP, LED on RB1. Of course you can change some of these spec before programming the hex yourself. Tested it myself, works flawlessly.

Posted this on psx-scene with the name of "moh.sakhaii", that's my name of course
    Attached Files Attached Files

Now its time for a custom loader so that we can get around the disc problem. My bummed blu-ray drive just don't accept disc.

Great news. I hate having to take the disk out to boot into psgroove only to have to put it right back in for the backup manager...

It would be interesting to see if this helps games like Modern Warfare 2 This along with Lvl1 Access is very good progress in such a short amount of time. I wonder if psjailbreak are going to bother anymore or if they have something bigger and better up their sleeves. I am beginning to wonder if they are a clever scam.... Send out some samples take some bulk orders, take the money and run...

pre-compiled for TI-84 would be nice!

Now we need a new backup manager. Might do it myself, because no one is doing it, as far as I know.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News