Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    nice, this stuff just gets better and better!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes, FAT32 formatting is correct.

You won't see a list of games. The game of which you copied over the PS3_GAME folder to the ROOT of your USB device will be launched.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Here's is a quick tutorial on how to do this:

You need:
    PSGroove with the no disk update
    A fat32 formatted Hard drive or USB stick (games will not run on the internal hdd so any games with files over 4GB are no good for this method yet)

Plug the USB HDD/Stick in to your PC and if it's not already formatted with fat32 do this now (use swiss army knife)
    Now in the top level create a folder called PS3_GAME
    Now copy your games contents into this folder

You should end up with a file structure like this:

PS3_GAMES ->
    USR_DIR ->
    EBOOT.BIN

There will be many other files but this is the general idea.

Now plug the HDD/Stick into your PS3 (USB port 2 for fat PS3 or USB port 4 for Mk1 fat PS3) and boot in Jailbreak mode, select /app_home/PS3_GAME on the XMB. Your game should now load.

That's it, there is no need for Backup manager and you don't need a disk in the drive.

I have this problem:

[Register or Login to view code]

I am using the pre compiled toolchain for windows...

How to fix it? o.O

br,

kally how did you compile for ti-84 and what did you use?

Banned User
    Could not directly point to the location "dev_hdd0/LAUN12345/GAMEZ" ...?

I just got my blackcat usb today, is the general idea that I should flash it with this modified hex and use the old BUM til a new one is created? (IE this version still works perfectly fine with the old BUM just doesn't support the new features?)

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ribs View Post
    Here's is a quick tutorial on how to do this:
    Thanks for that. I think your tutorial was very helpful as it explained how to do this and also what this change's actually about, in detail. Most peeps were thinking that you could load all your games via backup manager without a disc in the drive, but your tutorial shows that this new method will allow you to boot only the one game which you have on your external USB drive, without having a disc in the drive.

Hope ppl can build on this and all games can be run without a disc in the drive, but this will obviously need a new backup manager, which I see someone's working on

Quote Originally Posted by evilsperm View Post
    I have had to modify a few things so I can compile this under linux, and so far it looks good I will upload some hex's soon.
    I will need some feedback for all of you to let me know if they are working or not.

If you have a request for a specific board let me know but please don't ask for any pic boards unless you can give me the source, and don't ask for led's to be added unless you give me the proper leds.h or at least let me know what the settings should be for your board as I don't care about an led that turns off 2 seconds after the PS3 boots

~evil
    Could you pls compile it for an OpenKubus USB Stick?

MCU: atmega16u4
    Board: USBkey

i would be very thankful for this

With regards to the compatibility issues with this "no disc" thing, maybe if the PARAM.SFO of a game is edited and the game type changed from disc based to hard drive based, then it will work better

Sponsored Links
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News